Discs and pads all round for cayenne 64plate

The place to discuss everything else..
Guy

Post by Guy »

CharlesElliott wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:02 pm VCDS (which VAGCOM is now called) will work on quite a few Porsche modules where they are shared with VW. But there are many other tools, both Porsche specific such as Durametric, and generic such as Foxwell, that can wind back the brakes on a Porsche.

My question would be that if they don’t have the right tools, how do they know which bolts are single use and what the torque values are? But anyway, it’s really nothing to do with me. I’m sure it will be fine.
Yes, but users in the States report very limited functionality with some of the generic tools, especially with later model Porsche - I suspect the garage have had the same problem. I expect that these generic software tools will be updated over time.

uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Quick update. Have collected the car with just front discs and pads done. I'm going to contact another Porsche independent and ask them the relevant questions, if I'm happy, I may have to purchase the parts from them also if they won't accept mine. Just not got a warm feeling from this first place..
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I have VCDS and another tool, but haven't tried them on the Macan.....but will do when I get back to the UK in 10 days time.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Guy

Post by Guy »

CharlesElliott wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:42 pm I have VCDS and another tool, but haven't tried them on the Macan.....but will do when I get back to the UK in 10 days time.
Thanks - I am very interested to find out what they can and can't do! Enjoy your escape from UK ...