Some E xciting developments coming 18/19

The place to discuss everything else..
Guy

Post by Guy »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:50 am
Peteski wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:09 am
Cool story bro. I'm surprised you didn't hire the Tesla just to affirm your hatred, lol.

So a Model X is "one dimensional" is it? I wonder which dimension they picked as ours is pretty good at most things, being the most versatile car I've ever driven. I'm struggling to think of another 7 seater that can match it in performance, cabin space, fuel economy and tech. The nearest I found overall was the Volvo XC90 T8 and that fell way short on drivetrain performance and handling. Then there's the Cayenne of course, but it's smaller inside and you need to go into Turbo territory to get the same level of real world performance as a base Model X. Is the X too expensive? Well mine was considerably cheaper than anything else we considered on a 4-year PCP so I don't think so. Not having to worry about fuel costs while putting down 480 hp is a great bonus too. Running a Cayenne Turbo long haul would be pretty painful at the pumps. But yeah, it's all one-dimensional, lol.
True story dude. I do not have a hatred of Tesla, but i'm not convinced about BEVs in general as they are not universally usable like ICE vehicles.

The EU hotel guest were probably given the RRP price of that particular model - north of £95k / 100k euros.

"The noise was just like driving a vacuum cleaner" was one of the comments. Perhaps they had the forthcoming Dyson car in mind!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
'Bro' … 'dude' … thought for a moment I was on the US Forum! :?

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:50 am I do not have a hatred of Tesla
Could have fooled me with all your previous comment history on the subject. But anyway who cares what a bunch of random Austrians thinks about cars. Have you seen their dress sense?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Peteski wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:14 pm
SAC1 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:50 am I do not have a hatred of Tesla
Could have fooled me with all your previous comment history on the subject. But anyway who cares what a bunch of random Austrians thinks about cars. Have you seen their dress sense?
You know very little about me. Perhaps I ought to start bombarding Tesla forums with Porsche Macan evangelism and propaganda to balance the books!!!!!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 1874

SAC1 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:22 pm You know very little about me. Perhaps I ought to start bombarding Tesla forums with Porsche Macan evangelism and propaganda to balance the books!!!!!
I'm sure they won't mind as long as a) you stick to OT threads and b) you only comment when people actually ask about the Macan or perhaps spout some nonsense about them. You won't find me in the main Macan forum telling everyone to buy a Tesla, but if anyone mentions them here I'll be happy to comment on actual ownership experience rather than some random anecdote about Austrian demos, lol. If people get bored of my input, I will gladly drop this forum and move on, but last time I suggested doing that plenty of people asked me to stick around, so I did. At the end of the day I'm a lifelong Porsche fan, even if I happen to like other vehicles too. The Macan is still very much the benchmark for SUV handling, but a little too small for our needs at this point and I'm pretty sold on EVs for daily driving.

All I know about you is that you are not exactly a Tesla or BEV fan to say the least! Every time the "T" word gets mentioned, you pop up like clockwork to tell everyone how crap you think they are and BEVs in general. You also like to report any negative Tesla/BEV press too, which makes me think you perhaps work in a competing industry. Am I wrong?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Peteski and Steve, please both stick around - the forum would be poorer for the departure of either of you. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Light hearted banter is good, its been here for years.

Tesla, like them or otherwise are innovators and its good that Peterski is still around to extol the virtures of his X, its a pity Luke seems to have disappeared as he must have had his S for a while and it would be interesting to see how it stacks up.

All the input from non current Macan owners about their own make, model and variant can only be a good thing for the forum.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Peteski wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:49 pm You also like to report any negative Tesla/BEV press too, which makes me think you perhaps work in a competing industry. Am I wrong?
it's all about balance. The Tesla propaganda that you constantly convey needs checks and balances.

Yes you are very wrong....,I do not work in a competing industry.

The eMacan topic www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7670 contributors put across some very relevant balance about the merits or otherwise of BEVs.
Steve

Deleted User 1874

SAC1 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:56 am
it's all about balance. The Tesla propaganda that you constantly convey needs checks and balances.
Do you actually read my posts thoroughly or just skim the positives? Propaganda! You've got to be joking? If there's any propaganda around here it's from you and your click bait media links. My views are personal and genuine whether you agree with them or not. I think I've actually started only a couple of Tesla threads myself - one was a personal review of my own car and the other regarding the Model 3 and that was sort of in response to another thread slagging it off - which I think you might have actually started, lol. All the rest have been started by other people and I just naturally chip in with real life experience of the cars. But you seem to have a major problem with any positive view of Tesla or most other BEVs and yet always deny it when pressed. I really don't know where you are coming from, but I'm happy to debate with reason.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

As light aside... I found the perfect Macan/Porsche/Cherished parking spot in Reims recently; next to the E charging point. Thought it was odds on to be empty for the duration. I wasn’t wrong. 🙄😂
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Peteski wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:22 am
SAC1 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:56 am
Peteski my response in CAPITALS to your post:

Do you actually read my posts thoroughly …YES..or just skim the positives,,,NO..
Propaganda! You've got to be joking? If there's any propaganda around here it's from you and your click bait media links. I POST ON VARIED TOPICS THAT I THINK ARE OF INTEREST TO ALL PORSCHE OWNERS. YOUR POSTS ARE UNREMITTINGLY ABOUT TESLA OR IN THEIR DEFENSE

My views are personal and genuine whether you agree with them or not. I think I've actually started only a couple of Tesla threads myself - one was a personal review of my own car and the other regarding the Model 3 and that was sort of in response to another thread slagging it off - which I think you might have actually started. NOT SO

All the rest have been started by other people and I just naturally chip in with real life experience of the cars. But you seem to have a major problem with any positive view of Tesla or most other BEVs and yet always deny it when pressed. I really don't know where you are coming from, but I'm happy to debate with reason. NOT EVERYONE HAS ACCESS TO HOME CHARGING, WITHOUT IT THE BEV SOLUTION IS FLAWED. IT’S LIKELY THAT ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSALLY AVAILABLE POWER SOLUTIONS WILL BE EVOLVED TOO.
Steve