Some E xciting developments coming 18/19

The place to discuss everything else..
johnd

Post by johnd »

SAC1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:22 pm Could be a fly in the fuse though!
Like flies to clickbait more like. This keeps being brought up and is refuted every time. One million cars overnight isn't an issue. If we start talking about 20 million EVs then there's potentially more of an issue. But that's many years away.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly

Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

I-pace review. Makes a good point of this not being tesla killer because market is growing so fast there is room for everyone...

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The only comment about the interior of my Macans has been ...... Wow.

Re-inforced by comments on the quality of materials and yes, Starship Enterprise was memtioned.

Not a single comment on the lack of shiny iPads stuck on the dash.

On sheer looks inside at out its a no contest, I would choose a Jag iPace rather than a Tesla X in a heartbeat. If I pay £80k for a car I want it (especially inside) to look like an £80k car and minimalist just does not do it for me.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Orangebulldog wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:31 am I-pace review. Makes a good point of this not being tesla killer because market is growing so fast there is room for everyone...

Absolutely. The production volume will be relatively small too. What this car will do is introduce premium EVs to a more conservative market than the Tesla did.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Peteski wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:52 am
Orangebulldog wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:31 am I-pace review. Makes a good point of this not being tesla killer because market is growing so fast there is room for everyone...
Absolutely. The production volume will be relatively small too. What this car will do is introduce premium EVs to a more conservative market than the Tesla did.
It's all good news. More choice can never be a bad thing. :)

Just growing impatient to see how similar the Mission E (although it won't be called that) looks to the prototype... :ugeek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:01 am
Peteski wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:52 am
It's all good news. More choice can never be a bad thing. :)

Just growing impatient to see how similar the Mission E (although it won't be called that) looks to the prototype... :ugeek:
Likewise. I don't think the Porsche EV will be practical enough for our use, but should be on the radar for anyone looking to replace their Panamera!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Yep - I think the 'Mission E' is between the 911 & Panamera in size, so probably also between the two in terms of practicality. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Just reading about it here; I think it promises to be quite special.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsche/92 ... for-a-spin
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Which model is the prime profit maker for Porsche?

Misson e or whatever it is going to be called is and will be Porsche’s teething testbed in EV tech, drive systems and production, that is all, I cannot see it being anything other than a low volume second or third car in the garage product.

If Porsche management have any idea of the market the facelifted Macan should have been dropped, the 7 year cycle thrown out of the window and a mark 2 Macan with full EV option should be the main focus of their actions.

As it is Tesla, and Jaguar have cars available now and who next in the marques will have a bulk sales EV on the market before Porsche.

Ignoring Tesla, the iPace is the top end Macan competitor, OK so what if it does not handle quite ad well as a Macan, in real world driving does that really matter? At a starting price as it is the iPace will only suffer in it seeming expensive compared to an fPace and there certainly a fair number of them around.

I cannot help having the nagging feeling that Porsche are going to loose out massively.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
johnd

Post by johnd »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:15 am I cannot help having the nagging feeling that Porsche are going to loose out massively.
Do tend to agree. I don't know whether Porsche have totally taken their eye off the ball or simply made some poor development/production decisions, at least in the SUV space - it's like their main interest is still absolutely rooted in the sports cars, even though it's the 4/5 seaters that seem to be bringing in most of the cash. Where's the Porsche equivalent of the Cupra Ateca for instance? I'd love to buy another Porsche and a Porsche Ateca** would be ideal, but unless cards are being played very close to the chest I'm hoping in vain.

** At the risk of repetition, a 2l 300bhp transverse petrol engine should allow Macan-size interior space in a lighter, more compact body while delivering at least 25mpg as a baseline. Within reason I don't care what it costs - I'd pay Macan prices for such a vehicle, provided quality, engineering, performance etc were on offer.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly