Some E xciting developments coming 18/19

The place to discuss everything else..
VanB

Post by VanB »

Currently enjoying my 911 very much but I will seriously look at BEV options when it comes time to change and I hope there are some serious contenders out there at that time rather than having a choice of what amounts to 1 brand with a properly viable offering!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

VanB wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:04 pm Currently enjoying my 911 very much but I will seriously look at BEV options when it comes time to change and I hope there are some serious contenders out there at that time rather than having a choice of what amounts to 1 brand with a properly viable offering!
911s are great, I'm looking forward to an EV in that sector. At least Porsche are considering an EV 911 now!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Peteski wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:58 pm
VanB wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:49 pm I think you have a very valid point there Peteski. Not only not visiting a petrol station but not having to fork out £70+ for a fill up would be very appealing (am I right in thinking a full charge is c £7?).
Yes, that's about right. But on a long trip via a Tesla Supercharger it costs £0
Yes but how much did your model X cost you in the first place?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 1874

SAC1 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:33 pm
Peteski wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:58 pm
VanB wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:49 pm I think you have a very valid point there Peteski. Not only not visiting a petrol station but not having to fork out £70+ for a fill up would be very appealing (am I right in thinking a full charge is c £7?).
Yes, that's about right. But on a long trip via a Tesla Supercharger it costs £0
Yes but how much did your model X cost you in the first place?
Much less than the Volvo XC90 T8 I was thinking of buying. £11k deposit + £780 a month over 4 years (1.5% APR), 40K miles and 7p/mile unlimited excess. The Volvo was over £1K per month on the same PCP term and deposit. Cash price would have been £88K, but the cheap finance makes it much more competitive vs Volvo, Jaguar, Porsche, etc. finance. Even has a higher guaranteed residual than the Cayenne at the end of the PCP.

Servicing costs are surprisingly expensive, but no worse than Porsche! Other running costs are seriously cheap though for a 500 hp 7-seat SUV.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Tesla now at 4.9% APR as per their website so less appealing than 1.5%. That is a remarkably good deal, Peteski
Deleted User 1874

VanB wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:51 am Tesla now at 4.9% APR as per their website so less appealing than 1.5%. That is a remarkably good deal, Peteski
Yes, it's one of the reasons I pulled the trigger last September. I'd heard on the grapevine that the finance rates were going up and so they did! I guess they achieved whatever UK sales target they had in mind with the super low rates. I know from chatting with the Tesla guys in MK that they are selling a lot of cars this year, especially Model X.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

VanB wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:04 pm Currently enjoying my 911 very much but I will seriously look at BEV options when it comes time to change and I hope there are some serious contenders out there at that time rather than having a choice of what amounts to 1 brand with a properly viable offering!
Reading in Autocar that the 992 hybrid will weigh around 250kg more than the 991 due to extra weight of batteries and additional electrical gubbins. Not sure i would be up for that!!
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
VanB

Post by VanB »

Rab J wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:20 pm
Reading in Autocar that the 992 hybrid will weigh around 250kg more than the 991 due to extra weight of batteries and additional electrical gubbins. Not sure i would be up for that!!
I'm also interested to know what effect the new emissions and noise reduction changes are going to have. Agree that an extra 250kg is unlikely to improve the 911
Deleted User 1874

Not good if true and probably will be. I'd rather have a petrol 911 or a full on ground up designed EV with serious attention to weight saving. Be expensive but potentially stunning.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Peteski wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:32 pm
Not good if true and probably will be. I'd rather have a petrol 911 or a full on ground up designed EV with serious attention to weight saving. Be expensive but potentially stunning.
I get where your coming from Peteski, I do worry that hybrids will be Jacks of all trades and masters of none, although being a 911 it will no doubt be the best of the breed. I see nothing wrong with a full EV and one may well become my second vehicle as long as I can keep a fun car.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50