Some E xciting developments coming 18/19

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:51 am
Peteski wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:22 am
SAC1 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:56 am
it's all about balance. The Tesla propaganda that you constantly convey needs checks and balances.
Peteski my response in CAPITALS to your post:

Do you actually read my posts thoroughly …YES..or just skim the positives,,,NO..
Propaganda! You've got to be joking? If there's any propaganda around here it's from you and your click bait media links. I POST ON VARIED TOPICS THAT I THINK ARE OF INTEREST TO ALL PORSCHE OWNERS. YOUR POSTS ARE UNREMITTINGLY ABOUT TESLA OR IN THEIR DEFENSE

My views are personal and genuine whether you agree with them or not. I think I've actually started only a couple of Tesla threads myself - one was a personal review of my own car and the other regarding the Model 3 and that was sort of in response to another thread slagging it off - which I think you might have actually started. NOT SO

All the rest have been started by other people and I just naturally chip in with real life experience of the cars. But you seem to have a major problem with any positive view of Tesla or most other BEVs and yet always deny it when pressed. I really don't know where you are coming from, but I'm happy to debate with reason. NOT EVERYONE HAS ACCESS TO HOME CHARGING, WITHOUT IT THE BEV SOLUTION IS FLAWED. IT’S LIKELY THAT ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSALLY AVAILABLE POWER SOLUTIONS WILL BE EVOLVED TOO.
Okay, the only reason I usually only to respond to Tesla or EV related threads is because I own one and don't own a Macan. You might well ask why the hell I'm a member of this forum and the simple answer is that I very nearly bought a Macan last summer until we realised it was actually too small for our needs. I just stuck around after that and only generally frequent the news and OT parts of the forum. I'm surprised how often Tesla gets mentioned around here and if it didn't then I wouldn't likely be still here. So don't get too paranoid, I'm not a Tesla employee or some kind of paid plant, lol.

You keep banging on about lack of access to home charging, which I've mentioned as one of the major downsides to EV ownership many times myself. Would you like me to include a statement in my sig?

muxty

Post by muxty »

Found this Tesla Model S review quite representative for my own thoughts. It's much about mindset adopting EVs. Only thing that this guy in the video is missing is that you don't go to Superchargers except when you're on long trips.

Deleted User 1874

muxty wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:27 am Found this Tesla Model S review quite representative for my own thoughts. It's much about mindset adopting EVs. Only thing that this guy in the video is missing is that you don't go to Superchargers except when you're on long trips.
It's hard not to be impressed with driving a Model S P100D! Hypercar acceleration and yet a very practical daily driver, at least for those with home charging. There are quite a few owners on the Tesla forum who have chopped in their Panamera or even 911 for one of these and not looked back. Maybe the new Taycan will claw some of those ex-Porsche owners back, but only when you can actually buy one and then there's the potential hassle of public charging on longer trips. I can't help thinking by the time you can realistically take delivery of a Taycan (2020?) the goalposts might have moved again! We keep thinking about buying a Model S, but the Model 3 would suit us better as a second car to the X.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Peteski wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:03 am
muxty wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:27 am Found this Tesla Model S review quite representative for my own thoughts. It's much about mindset adopting EVs. Only thing that this guy in the video is missing is that you don't go to Superchargers except when you're on long trips.
It's hard not to be impressed with driving a Model S P100D! Hypercar acceleration and yet a very practical daily driver, at least for those with home charging. There are quite a few owners on the Tesla forum who have chopped in their Panamera or even 911 for one of these and not looked back. Maybe the new Taycan will claw some of those ex-Porsche owners back, but only when you can actually buy one and then there's the potential hassle of public charging on longer trips. I can't help thinking by the time you can realistically take delivery of a Taycan (2020?) the goalposts might have moved again! We keep thinking about buying a Model S, but the Model 3 would suit us better as a second car to the X.
Did you say goalposts moved ?

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Is it sad that I'm just very happy that my little old thread got so much love?...

It's by far the most interest I've had in any forum.... thanks all...

Lol....
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

uktivo wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:18 pm Is it sad that I'm just very happy that my little old thread got so much love?...

Lol....
:)

Thats great, EVs are the future, they have to be.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 1874

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:25 pm
uktivo wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:18 pm Is it sad that I'm just very happy that my little old thread got so much love?...

Lol....

EVs are already the present for me!

10 days in a mundane ICE hire car (Ford Cmax) on holiday reminded me why I switched to EV. The rattle of a diesel and ultra-sluggish auto was tiresome. Not to mention a dash display and controls from the previous century. Just to rub it in there was a bank of Tesla Superchargers in the local shopping mall (just outside Nice). Maybe we'll drive down in the Tesla next time as the cost would be zero.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:52 pm

Lol....

10 days in a mundane ICE hire car (Ford Cmax) on holiday reminded me why I switched to EV. The rattle of a diesel and ultra-sluggish auto was tiresome. Not to mention a dash display and controls from the previous century. Just to rub it in there was a bank of Tesla Superchargers in the local shopping mall (just outside Nice). Maybe we'll drive down in the Tesla next time as the cost would be zero.
Regardless of the ICE I think anyone moving from a high end vehicle to a radically smaller rental-specced holiday car suffers similarly.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 1874

Dandock wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:10 pm
Peteski wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:52 pm

Regardless of the ICE I think anyone moving from a high end vehicle to a radically smaller rental-specced holiday car suffers similarly.
Sure, but this time it was much worse than usual, especially in drivetrain and user interface. Usually it's just the low rent interior and lack of power that I notice. This brand new Grand CMax was actually pretty highly specced and quite roomy inside, but my god was the UI a dog's dinner of buttons, dials and low res screens. I didn't know where to start looking for stuff.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

I just love this thread but have to say, Peteski no disrespect but you do so much remind me of a reformed smoker 😂😂😂🤐
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6