944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

All good news. The interesting points for me are that none of them are pushing the tech boundaries beyond what Tesla have already set for several years. Secondly the Chinese manufacturers look set to start seriously challenging the European mainstream. Finally I wonder what the next generation Teslas will look like? Will they be able to move the goalposts again or will it be mainly a cosmetic change. There hasn't been much chatter about future S and X models with all the attention on Model 3 production. But their design team should be well on with it by now.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 am All good news. The interesting points for me are that none of them are pushing the tech boundaries beyond what Tesla have already set for several years. Secondly the Chinese manufacturers look set to start seriously challenging the European mainstream. Finally I wonder what the next generation Teslas will look like? Will they be able to move the goalposts again or will it be mainly a cosmetic change. There hasn't been much chatter about future S and X models with all the attention on Model 3 production. But their design team should be well on with it by now.
I would have thought that one area they need to address, apart from the ability to actually build them, is the way they deliver the power. Porsche have made a big point of stating and supposedly demonstrating that their performance is repeatable and not just a one-off party trick.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Interesting video. Thanks for sharing. Tons of competition for Tesla.

I too liked the look of the Audi Sportback.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The Audi blows all Teslas to dust in the looks department, its a stunner.

So why would anyone buy a Model 3 (which looks like a Ford Focus to me) when there are so many great looking EVs coming?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:01 am The Audi blows all Teslas to dust in the looks department, its a stunner.

So why would anyone buy a Model 3 (which looks like a Ford Focus to me) when there are so many great looking EVs coming?
100% agree
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Peteski wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 am The interesting points for me are that none of them are pushing the tech boundaries beyond what Tesla have already set for several years.
Really? I know it was mostly marketing fluff, but I felt that each one of these had at least one thing that exceeds a Tesla offering.

OK, I don't like Tesla (company, cars) much and have an open mind to Chinese powered and built vehicles, so am probably more likely to see it :-)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Deleted User 1874

Dandock wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:42 pm
Peteski wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 am All good news. The interesting points for me are that none of them are pushing the tech boundaries beyond what Tesla have already set for several years. Secondly the Chinese manufacturers look set to start seriously challenging the European mainstream. Finally I wonder what the next generation Teslas will look like? Will they be able to move the goalposts again or will it be mainly a cosmetic change. There hasn't been much chatter about future S and X models with all the attention on Model 3 production. But their design team should be well on with it by now.
I would have thought that one area they need to address, apart from the ability to actually build them, is the way they deliver the power. Porsche have made a big point of stating and supposedly demonstrating that their performance is repeatable and not just a one-off party trick.
Power delivery is awesome in a Tesla. Ultra smooth and totally consistent. It's actually one of, if not the most compelling selling points of the car! Not sure what Porsche are talking about to be honest? Can you enlighten me?
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ I know very little about Tesla but I presumed he meant the reduction in 'ludicrous mode' availability after too much usage.
Deleted User 1874

goron59 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:28 am
Peteski wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 am The interesting points for me are that none of them are pushing the tech boundaries beyond what Tesla have already set for several years.
Really? I know it was mostly marketing fluff, but I felt that each one of these had at least one thing that exceeds a Tesla offering.

OK, I don't like Tesla (company, cars) much and have an open mind to Chinese powered and built vehicles, so am probably more likely to see it :-)
Like what? I saw an awful lot of marketing fluff and none of the basic drivetrain specs looked any better than what Tesla are offering today, especially at the performance end of the range. I don't have any brand preference at all, I just happen to like the current Tesla EVs and there is currently no other alternative I could be driving right now. When I'm next due to change car I'll consider everything on the market at that point. But these "concept" offerings don't seem to be moving forward much from what I'm driving now. But lets wait and see.