Jaguar iPace roadshow

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:31 pm
You are 100% right about the interior, if you look at a C class Merc then you get a good idea of the quality or rather lack of in the materials.

The layout of the whole dash does remind me of the designs by committee that British Leyland used to do.

As for the start/stop button a 200amp double pole MCB would be more appropriate for an EV.
I've sat in the F-Pace and wasn't impressed, it was a bit cheap and tacky. I got the impression this was supposed to be a class above, but doesn't look like it in the photos. I will go and look at one for myself out of curiosity and see how they pitch the sale. I'd like to drive it too, but that's not going to happen for a while.

johnd

Post by johnd »

Peteski wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 am I will go and look at one [I-Pace presumably?] for myself out of curiosity and see how they pitch the sale. I'd like to drive it too, but that's not going to happen for a while.
Around mid-July onwards is when we're being told to expect demo cars at dealers, along with track days at Rockingham. So not quite yet, but only a few weeks off.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

johnd wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:31 am
Peteski wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 am I will go and look at one [I-Pace presumably?] for myself out of curiosity and see how they pitch the sale. I'd like to drive it too, but that's not going to happen for a while.
Around mid-July onwards is when we're being told to expect demo cars at dealers, along with track days at Rockingham. So not quite yet, but only a few weeks off.
Thanks, I'll pop over and take a look when they are available. I'm not in the market for one, but curious to see how it compares against my Tesla overall.