SOLD MY GTS

The place to discuss everything else..
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Have to admit iv had the Cayman bug implanted by my opc by giving me a S for a week, and then a GTS for the second one! The only thing that’s stopping me is that I live alone so trips to Homebase will be a problem... but more importantly is can it be used all year round . I would love a 911 but what does 70k buy you? I have no idea about 911s🤔
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:56 pm Have to admit iv had the Cayman bug implanted by my opc by giving me a S for a week, and then a GTS for the second one! The only thing that’s stopping me is that I live alone so trips to Homebase will be a problem... but more importantly is can it be used all year round . I would love a 911 but what does 70k buy you? I have no idea about 911s🤔
Welcome to the ..... Iwantoneofthose ..... section of the forum.

Cayman, its a great motor but as a sole daily transport that is another matter.

There again its the same with a 911, as sole car it is questionable but I can certainly see the desire and why so many here have gone that route.

Solutions, a second car, a hire or paid delivery, go for it as the enjoyment factor would be off scale.

One thing I can point out is that I drove a Cayman at Silverstone PEC on the skid pan and it certainly by far is the most nervous and twitchy of the Porsche range. Its the most inclined Porsche to hang its tail out or to spin. I am not saying its unsafe, but it will need to be driven with care in bad weather.

I would suggest that a trip to the PEC is in order to fully test out a Cayman yourself.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Mike and his Macan wrote:Have to admit iv had the Cayman bug implanted by my opc by giving me a S for a week, and then a GTS for the second one! The only thing that’s stopping me is that I live alone so trips to Homebase will be a problem... but more importantly is can it be used all year round . I would love a 911 but what does 70k buy you? I have no idea about 911s[emoji848]
70k would buy a nice used example of a 991.1 with a good spec and decent mileage. That’s about what I was looking to spend on one before deciding on something else.

I also ran a Cayman S for about 5 years. I found it fine in pretty much all weather conditions and surprisingly practical with a front and rear boot. As mentioned above, for the odd days I needed something bigger, I would use Zipcar or a hire car for the weekend. You could probably make it work.

Even now with a small family, I always say to my wife that I want a car that suits us for 99% of the year when there’s just three of us with a little bit of stuff rather than the 1% of times when we are taking a couple of our son’s friends with us on a camping trip. For those days, we tend to just rent a big estate or people carrier. With the Macan, we would just put the roof box on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:56 pm Have to admit iv had the Cayman bug implanted by my opc by giving me a S for a week, and then a GTS for the second one! The only thing that’s stopping me is that I live alone so trips to Homebase will be a problem... but more importantly is can it be used all year round . I would love a 911 but what does 70k buy you? I have no idea about 911s🤔
Hi Mike,

My new 911 Carrera T is my sole car and it works very well for me. A recent purchase of winter wheels/tyres means it’ll be an all year round car too. For 95% of mileage covered, it’s just me in the car. Most of the other 5%, it’s just me and my girlfriend. The 911, Cayman and Boxster are surprising practical. £70k would give you a huge choice of very nice 991.1 Carreras. As said by others, for those rare occasions when the 911 won’t fit the bill, I’d borrow a vehicle or hire one. :)

Cheers,

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

steve w wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:47 pm WC
I’m sure we will ,got really excited about this one can’t wait to pick it up Tuesday,will post pictures of it,it’s really stunning.
SteveW

Great to hear, Steve!

Excited to see your pics! :)

Cheers,

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Both Cayman and 911s are far more practical than you might imagine. Ran a Cayman for 3 years as my daily driver and that thing drove like it was on rails (not even remotely skittish) and the 2 boots give you plenty of options. I'm 4 months into using a 911 as my daily and would say it's far more GT than the Cayman and, in some ways less practical but it is hugely comfortable and you can, at a push get someone in the rear seats for a short journey. £70k will get you into a very nice example of either and probably a decently specced new Cayman S or GTS.

As has been said hire something else for the odd occasion that requires more space because you only live once and these things can give enormous pleasure :D
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Thanks all... I’ll start a new topic on this at some point, I always was totally tortured when looking at 911S on Autotrader as there are so so many variants I will do some research on the 919.1. A good cayman s seems to be around 55k ....
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
steve w

Post by steve w »

Well collection day tomorrow of my 911/991.2 C4S from Leeds OPC,I’ll post some pictures it’s really stunning.
Steve W
Bogus

Post by Bogus »

VanB wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:08 pm Both Cayman and 911s are far more practical than you might imagine. Ran a Cayman for 3 years as my daily driver and that thing drove like it was on rails (not even remotely skittish) and the 2 boots give you plenty of options. I'm 4 months into using a 911 as my daily and would say it's far more GT than the Cayman and, in some ways less practical but it is hugely comfortable and you can, at a push get someone in the rear seats for a short journey. £70k will get you into a very nice example of either and probably a decently specced new Cayman S or GTS.

As has been said hire something else for the odd occasion that requires more space because you only live once and these things can give enormous pleasure :D
So true. biggest regret is when i sold my 991.1 C4S. After a Panamera and now a Turbo PP, my next one will definitely be a 911.. hopefully a GT3
Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
happy days

Post by happy days »

Or get a Boxster - same thing, just better (I would say that). Surprisingly practical too. I can't count on two hands the number of times I've dropped the roof to get oversized stuff in; big boxes, ladders, wood, plants etc. It really is rather practical.
Macan S D
718 S