SOLD MY GTS

The place to discuss everything else..
steve w

Post by steve w »

Well it was shall I or shan’t I sell my Mint MACAN GTS,changed my mind on a daily basis but 2 things helped me decide,
1/ The wife has just taken delivery of a new GOLF GTI and it’s brilliant and we don’t need two full 4 seater vehicles,
2/ Main reason Sheffield OPC loaned me a new 911 Carrera for 4 days and I’m smitten ,thought my Macan GTS was good but these 911s are truly remarkable ,Problem they couldn’t guarantee getting us one until sometime next year ,because of the factory shutdown and no new vehicles coming through newish second hand 911s are getting scarce and pricey because owners are keeping hold of them but that’s my intention is to wait until the right one comes along we aren’t in any rush,OPC gave us a good valuation for the GTS but I tried a independent on got a better offer ,the GTS would have needed it’s first service in 6 weeks although it had only done 3500mls but that’s saved us best part of £500,total loss for our 23 month old GTS 18% of the price we paid so I’m satisfied with that,so onwards and forward looking for a nice 911 991 CS Generation 2 ,will keep the forum updated and enjoy your MACANs they are the best SUV on the market by far.
Steve W

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I knew you'd end up in a 911, Steve! ;)

You only live once!! :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

On the hunt for a 911 isn't a bad way to be.

Sounds like you are enjoying the Golf GTi, my wife has one as well and it's a fantastic car.
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Ive been think of getting a Golf R for other duties, but the quality of the interior seems such a step down from the Porsche, and alternatives like audi and bmw.

Am I missing something ?
VanB

Post by VanB »

It seems more and more that all Porsche roads lead to a 911! Cars like the Macan,great though they are, are like a gateway drug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Macananon wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:03 pm Ive been think of getting a Golf R for other duties, but the quality of the interior seems such a step down from the Porsche, and alternatives like audi and bmw.

Am I missing something ?
It's more about how a performance Golf drives. The steering is so direct and perfectly weighted. The ride is also extremely well sorted to be comfortable yet handle very precisely. Not sure the interior quality falls that far below BMW or Audi perhaps a little below them but still very acceptable.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Good grief Steve it only seems like yesterday you got it.

Certainly the 911 motors I have driven have been the best cars.

Its pity (1) my Wife does not drive so we only need one car (2) a 911 does not have the space we need (3) I can get in them but getting out requires the Paramedics

If it was not for 1,2 and 3 then I would be in one myself.

Great news about the lowish depreciation.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

MCDK wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:15 pm
Macananon wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:03 pm Ive been think of getting a Golf R for other duties, but the quality of the interior seems such a step down from the Porsche, and alternatives like audi and bmw.

Am I missing something ?
It's more about how a performance Golf drives. The steering is so direct and perfectly weighted. The ride is also extremely well sorted to be comfortable yet handle very precisely. Not sure the interior quality falls that far below BMW or Audi perhaps a little below them but still very acceptable.
I enjoyed my R for nearly 3 years. The drive was superb. I drove it to the OPC and sat in a Macan for the very first time and was smitten. I was half expecting an R type interior. The feeling of quality in a Macan is well above a Golf without getting to luxury levels. The driving experience of a Golf R is the best value for money I have ever had.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Good decision Steve! All it takes is a test drive to be immediately smitten by the 911 bug!

As a few of us have commented already, grabbing a 991.2 while you can is smart, given the uncertainties of the new emissions regulations. But also it seems many of us share the same misgivings over industry design trends towards touchscreens and shiny black surfaces, particularly in such an iconic 'drivers' sports car.

I hope you manage to get more miles on it than you have the GTS though. The 911 cries out to be driven and I certainly try to find every excuse I can to get out in mine!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:57 am I hope you manage to get more miles on it than you have the GTS though. The 911 cries out to be driven and I certainly try to find every excuse I can to get out in mine!
+1, Nick! I'll probably cover 3,500 miles in the first 2.5 months with my Carrera T.

And I did 17k miles in my 12 months' of Panamera 4 ownership.

Porsches are built to be driven, not just polished! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018