Tesla Model 3 sales

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Dandock wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 am
Finally a real old school question but is the only way to get my music in the car to stream it or whatever you have to do?
It comes with a built-in Spotify Premium app which gives you access to literally millions of songs - pretty much anything you've ever heard of. If that's not enough you can stream internet radio, podcasts etc or even listen to DAB and FM if you must! You can stream directly from your phone too, but I've never felt the need. For me the music interface has been one of the best features of the car. If I think of a track I want to listen to I just use the voice command to find it. You can obviously create playlists too or listen to many curated playlists on Spotify. I think I've discovered more new music in the last 3 months with this car than in the previous decade!

Deleted User 1874

Dandock wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:28 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:24 pm
Tall Phil wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:55 am The Model 3 is not a £60k -£80k IMHO. Much more a £35k-£55K, it is after all, a BMW 3 Series competitor.

If Tesla charge anymore than that they will struggle to get customers, me being one of them.
Yep. The guy in the video says a basic one with smallest batteries would be £35k, which I think I've heard before. The fully loaded test car was £57k.
And the average US punter puts a on minimum of @$12K of extras. Autopilot etc. So a $47K without the incentive - which will expire soon anyway. Not cheap!
Autopilot is pretty expensive, but not something most other cars even offer. So you can view it as a brand new technology and decide whether or not to buy into it. Battery upgrades are expensive too, that's just how it is with EVs today. Again you are paying for new technology, so hard to compare it against a conventional engine. But as we know, performance upgrades in ICE cars are not exactly cheap either!
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:55 pm
Dandock wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 am
Finally a real old school question but is the only way to get my music in the car to stream it or whatever you have to do?
It comes with a built-in Spotify Premium app which gives you access to literally millions of songs - pretty much anything you've ever heard of. If that's not enough you can stream internet radio, podcasts etc or even listen to DAB and FM if you must! You can stream directly from your phone too, but I've never felt the need. For me the music interface has been one of the best features of the car. If I think of a track I want to listen to I just use the voice command to find it. You can obviously create playlists too or listen to many curated playlists on Spotify. I think I've discovered more new music in the last 3 months with this car than in the previous decade!
I suspected as much, in which case I’d have completely start again. Don’t do music on the phone; don’t do Spotify. I think I’ve only downloaded two tracks in my entire life. To paraphrase a previous opinion ... if you don’t like it, tough, buy something else!

I presume there is some means of charging a phone etc?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 1874

Tall Phil wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:55 am The Model 3 is not a £60k -£80k IMHO. Much more a £35k-£55K, it is after all, a BMW 3 Series competitor.

If Tesla charge anymore than that they will struggle to get customers, me being one of them.
I think that's about right. I expect most will end up in the £40-50K bracket in the end. But the performance and range will be class leading. It's going to be a lot faster and more refined than a base diesel 3-series for example. It's going to have the performance of a 330/335 which are in a similar price bracket. Low running costs will be attractive to many people too.
Deleted User 1874

Dandock wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:04 pm
I suspected as much, in which case I’d have completely start again. Don’t do music on the phone; don’t do Spotify. I think I’ve only downloaded two tracks in my entire life. To paraphrase a previous opinion ... if you don’t like it, tough, buy something else!

There are USB ports everywhere in my Tesla, so charging a phone is simple.

For music, just search for whatever you fancy at the time (voice command is good) and it will just play it for you. There is no need to even think about music libraries. Just build a favourites list as you go, it couldn't be any easier. My personal phone music library has been gathering dust since getting this car.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:13 pm

For music, just search for whatever you fancy at the time (voice command is good) and it will just play it for you. There is no need to even think about music libraries. Just build a favourites list as you go, it couldn't be any easier. My personal phone music library has been gathering dust since getting this car.
So, for the S is the subscription included?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 1874

Dandock wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Yes and there are no data charges for the sim either.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Wonders if that will also apply to base model 3?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Dandock wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:47 pm

I would presume very little, it is already on the Tesla site that Superchargers are not free to use
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 1874

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:26 pm
Dandock wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:47 pm

I would presume very little, it is already on the Tesla site that Superchargers are not free to use
It's not the big deal that some people think. I get free supercharging, but use it once in a blue moon since 99% of my charging is at home. It is nice to have free charging on longer trips, but not essential. Compared to the cost of petrol/diesel any charges will be minimal.