Tesla Model 3 sales

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Paul wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:30 pm Well, I don’t think Peteski is trying to persuade us non-believers or justify his own choice. Rather, he makes many valid point for (and against, to his credit) electric vehicles, giving constructive arguments on both sides.
That's right, I'm just trying to provide a first hand perspective of Tesla ownership to counter the huge amount of BS some people talk about them who have little or no knowledge of the cars.

I don't think anyone has ever changed their mind based on a public forum discussion, but it was from reading previous Tesla threads on this forum that first got me interested. So I'm now just feeding back my own experience for those who may find it useful.

Deleted User 1874

SAC1 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:06 pm
Macananon wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:44 pm Peterski

You should guess by now you flogging a dead horse.

Despite you numerous posts extolling the virtues of Tesla's, I don't think you've actually managed to convince anyone they are a great as you believe. At least not at the current price they sell for.
Well said Macananon.

Tesla really does not appeal to me aesthetically. The S and X are way too big for European roads; they're too expensive for what they are and the 3 is just ugly with a truly awful exterior appearance.

The mega iPad is gross.

If you're not a car enthusiast and treat a car like a fridge purchase, design wise, and you've got money to burn... buy one.
Just show us on the doll where Elon touched you.
Paul

Post by Paul »

😱😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Deleted User 1874

Dandock wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:06 pm
Peteski wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:48 pm
Dandock wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:39 pm And I agree with others that the entire design is struggling. And this is not unsurprising as the conncept is now getting on a bit with production delays beginning to take it into facelift territory - and particularly for non US markets.
The concept is "getting on a bit"! Seriously? Where does that leave a current BMW 3 series? What about all the other concept EVs that have been in development for years with not one single production car to show for it? Seems like nonsense talk to me. The Model 3 is going to sell in whatever numbers they can churn them out over its lifetime. If that ends up being 5K cars per week (which is very conservative in the medium term) then they will sell at least 750,000 plus by 2021 still with probably minimal direct competition. They could easily double that figure if things go to according to plan. Model Y will be interesting too as that will overlap into Model 3 sales quite a bit.
As you well know all products have a life cycle; most, though, have actually been developed, tried and tested before going to market - and with all the spy media coverage their image is beginning to age even before launch. The truth is that Musk is struggling to bring the product successfully to market and is continually hedging and laying treacle fields. The latest of these are the AWD and the performance version, both of which he is promising delivery of before existing base level orders ‘because they make money. That’s like being left at the alter. And whilst all this is happening Tesla are approaching their 200,000 unit ceiling after which the $7500 subsidy is withdrawn which will undoubtedly result in cancelled orders. Not good for credibility or cash flow. Your premise is based on the endless forgiving nature of the fan base. In all honesty how forgiving would you be if your order kept getting bounced and how long would you be prepared to wait?
If you frequent the UK EV forums you will see that there are a lot of people waiting for the Model 3 and they are not jumping ship simply because there is literally no competition if you want a 300 mile range EV in the junior exec car market. The Jaguar I-pace, Mission E, Audi Megatron (or whatever) and the Merc SUV are all in a different market. Plus they will all probably involve similar or perhaps even longer waiting times. So you either make do with the new Leaf, the E-Golf that not even VW dealers want to sell or the quirky i3, which my wife refuses to consider!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Where is the luxury in a Model 3.

C15FB7E8-82BF-494A-BF02-B9A73086174F.png

Am I missing something?

My 1963 Mini has more interior style and luxury.

How can fancy electronics and an iPad make a premium car.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

...then again Col, perhaps you are missing something...😉

F5AFE8C3-D434-4F82-A05B-1B1B41FEBE96.png

1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Paul wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:42 pm ...then again Col, perhaps you are missing something...😉

F5AFE8C3-D434-4F82-A05B-1B1B41FEBE96.png
Neat integrated oval styled pod, with three perfectly place analogue instruments.

V

An iPad stuck on as an afterthought.

Yes, classic Mini and they were certainly not touted as a Premium car.

The stuck on wood trim of the Model 3 fails to even look anywhere near as quality a product as a Ford 1600E with its wooden trim, and that was sold as the luxury version.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

Like this luxury top end one....?

9826DC0D-D046-44C3-A01E-CAE71BC331BD.jpeg

1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Peteski wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:08 pm
SAC1 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:06 pm
Macananon wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:44 pm Peterski

You should guess by now you flogging a dead horse.

Despite you numerous posts extolling the virtues of Tesla's, I don't think you've actually managed to convince anyone they are a great as you believe. At least not at the current price they sell for.
Well said Macananon.

Tesla really does not appeal to me aesthetically. The S and X are way too big for European roads; they're too expensive for what they are and the 3 is just ugly with a truly awful exterior appearance.

The mega iPad is gross.

If you're not a car enthusiast and treat a car like a fridge purchase, design wise, and you've got money to burn... buy one.
Just show us on the doll where Elon touched you.
Neither the Musk or the Harvey will EVER touch me thank goodness. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Paul wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:48 pm Like this luxury top end one....?

9826DC0D-D046-44C3-A01E-CAE71BC331BD.jpeg
Way, way more luxurious than a Model 3.

Like it.
Col
Macan Turbo