Tesla Model 3 sales

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

muxty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:55 pm I'm actually not very biased Tesla even though it might seem to be that way. I've got a Porsche 991.1 GT3 that I absolutely love and drive a few track days per year. I just happen to like the Tesla S much more than anything from Porsche right now for my daily driver. If this wasn't the case I'd switch to another car in a heart beat.
+1 but I often get called a Tesla fanboy. Well I suppose I am in the sense that I think they happen to have the best large SUV on the planet right now, even if it is susceptible to various issues (which I haven't experienced). If I thought the Cayenne or anything else was better I'd be driving one right now.

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

muxty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:55 pm
Dandock wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:39 pm
muxty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:39 am

Moving sideways seems to be the norm with Tesla :D

If it's not focus on panel gaps, the discussion move over to the touch screen and then sideline to Autopilot issues or battery fires... And while that topic has been debated, let's turn over to Tesla economy, lol.

Not sure what's interesting or new in that analyze to be honest? A lot of assumptions and strange focus on why Tesla doesn't sell the 35k car yet. Why should they when there is demand for the loaded version where they have better margins? This is a pure business decision and customers who want the 35k car can just wait, or buy something else... simple.

I think a lot of journalists elaborate a bit in absurdum and they ride on the wave with Tesla because they know it gives them new incomes in terms of clicks generated. This is just another example of that.

If looking more into the details where Tesla actually are heading, it's nothing less than remarkable. The Model 3 production is ramping right now at a very good pace and I'm 100% sure they'll reach their goals and deliver. Albeit with a 6 months delayed delivery schedule. But what is that in the big scheme of things?

As an interesting reflection.... How much do you read in media that Porsche completely shut down the factory and don't accept new orders during 2 months. This just due to the factory needs to be upgraded to be able to fit particulate filters to their cars. Porsche got pile load of money so therefore it's not interesting to write about it. It however still shows that things take time and it's not easy.

There is no other company that operates with the transparency like Tesla do. No other company is neither analyzed with this level of detail by the main stream media and journalists that in many cases don't know what they talk about. The write about it just because it will boost their papers revenue stream.
Thought it might hit a nerve. 😉
Actually not at all. Just stating the obvious.

I'm actually not very biased Tesla even though it might seem to be that way. I've got a Porsche 991.1 GT3 that I absolutely love and drive a few track days per year. I just happen to like the Tesla S much more than anything from Porsche right now for my daily driver. If this wasn't the case I'd switch to another car in a heart beat.
Goodness knows where the truth lies but Tesla clearly appears to be treading an increasingly fine line. And that if his predictions/promises aren’t realised then the company could find itself in serious difficulties.
I think that to criticise the media is typical of age we live in. Musk et al live by it, his use of it has driven sales without advertising so its only to be expected that the media is going to bite back when predictions aren’t fulfilled and questions aren’t answered and the CEO throws his toys out of the pram.

There’s no doubt that Musk has taken the original roadster concept from +/- 2005 and achieved the extraordinary but ultimately he has to deliver Model 3 and that at this moment this remains to be seen. And continually bouncing his disciples must be finite and does nothing for Tesla’s credibility. The longer the delays the closer the competition will get and a take it or leave it attitude simply won’t wash - even it it means bailing out for something less.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 1874

Dandock wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:36 pm
Dandock wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:39 pm

Thought it might hit a nerve. 😉

I'm actually not very biased Tesla even though it might seem to be that way. I've got a Porsche 991.1 GT3 that I absolutely love and drive a few track days per year. I just happen to like the Tesla S much more than anything from Porsche right now for my daily driver. If this wasn't the case I'd switch to another car in a heart beat.
Goodness knows where the truth lies but Tesla clearly appears to be treading an increasingly fine line. And that if his predictions/promises aren’t realised then the company could find itself in serious difficulties.
I think that to criticise the media is typical of age we live in. Musk et al live by it, his use of it has driven sales without advertising so its only to be expected that the media is going to bite back when predictions aren’t fulfilled and questions aren’t answered and the CEO throws his toys out of the pram.

There’s no doubt that Musk has taken the original roadster concept from +/- 2005 and achieved the extraordinary but ultimately he has to deliver Model 3 and that at this moment this remains to be seen. And continually bouncing his disciples must be finite and does nothing for Tesla’s credibility. The longer the delays the closer the competition will get and a take it or leave it attitude simply won’t wash - even it it means bailing out for something less.
There isn't much truth in the popular media about Tesla or anything else. You have to dig deeper to see both the challenges and opportunities ahead. Whether they like it or not, the automotive industry is going to have to go through dramatic change in the next decade. Tesla have pushed their vision of the future and people are now starting to buy into it, even if some would ideally prefer a German version of it! Personally I'm not too fussed who wins and loses in the end, but Tesla surviving will be for the good of everyone. I suspect they will continue to grow successfully despite efforts to shut them down.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:10 pm

There isn't much truth in the popular media about Tesla or anything else. You have to dig deeper to see both the challenges and opportunities ahead. Whether they like it or not, the automotive industry is going to have to go through dramatic change in the next decade. Tesla have pushed their vision of the future and people are now starting to buy into it, even if some would ideally prefer a German version of it! Personally I'm not too fussed who wins and loses in the end, but Tesla surviving will be for the good of everyone. I suspect they will continue to grow successfully despite efforts to shut them down.

+1 Not that I'm a great fan of American cars... And I may not even be driving by the time it washes out ;) But regardless it may simply come down to whether or not here can pay down the increasing debt.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
muxty

Post by muxty »

Honestly, I don't care. My car is fantastic as is and deliver above my expectations. That's what counts for me right now at least. Their products and eco system is too good to disappear. Smartness of the software and OTA-updates and how everything connects together is something you can't see from the "outside". Only owners know this. I didn't know before I bought my Tesla, but the experience just gets better and better for each day.

There are several aspects of Musk that can be up for debate, but you can either choose to see the 90% good stuff he's doing and ignoring the 10% bad or focus on the 10% bad and amplify that. I think he really gives some fresh air to an otherwise conservative, predictive and to some extent boring car industry. I tend to yawn every time I see a picture of the members of the board - all in their 60's, grey suits, etc. Much more inspiring to watch the Musk show then.

I've been following Tesla for a while now on a rather detailed level. Based on what I've seen lately there are many indicators that point in a very positive direction and there are lot's of things going on behind the scenes. But as always, time will tell how things turn out.

No one is forced to buy a Tesla. This is a fact. Still people (mostly non owners) whine and complain about Tesla, the build quality, the interior, etc like there is no tomorrow. This is a hilarious show to follow :D
Deleted User 1874

I must admit, when I first visited a Tesla showroom I was expecting a shoddy product based on some media reports. For sure they had some build issues at the time, mostly trivial stuff, but their speed of development is very impressive. But most importantly the core products are great and very forward thinking. I'm really looking forward to the Model 3 coming to the UK. It's not going to be perfect, but it's going to make the BMW 3 series look like a fossil. Once the 20 and 30 somethings get a taste I can't see them looking back
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

When is the Model Y and others due?
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Deleted User 1874

Tall Phil wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:31 pm When is the Model Y and others due?
Model Y probably at least 2 years away. They are building a factory in China to produce it alongside Model 3.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I think both your experiences - and Luke's if he's got his ear to the ground - are fascinating, persuasive and probably more influential than Tesla itself. And interesting at this moment that as you talk about their software as I'm trying to look at their site and it keeps defaulting to Tesla Italy. Cant seem to get to see much of the S, though. Unless Im missing something obvious. :?

Anyway, whilst the S and the X are simply not viable for us - notwithstanding the charging they're just far, far too big and probably not totally as wise a choice as they were for you since the PCP rates changed - we are I suppose potential targets for a Model 3 or perhaps more likely the Model Y, the mid sized SUV - whenever thats arriving. Having said this I think you would agree that I would find it mightily frustrating if I had my name down for either and a target date in mind only to find that date continually sliding backwards and having to make potentially compromising and expensive remedial decisions.

Tesla is clearly working hard to remedy their production issues and Musk admits that the 3 is not profitable right now. Will the Y be? If it is will the 3 get bounced some more... or will they both get bounced for reasons currently unseen. So many unanswered questions; and the world does very much abhor a vacuum. I think your both very fortunate to be driving and loving your Teslas but for us mere mortals any prospect is all very frustrating.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Tesla could become a takeover opportunity. :idea: For example Ford has stopped developing cars in the USA and will concentrate on SUVs, vans and pick-up trucks - so stock market dip could encourage them to get back into cars via Tesla. Then there's Apple, GM, General Electric etc. One of the Chinese mega companies might even pounce.

Who knows what the future holds...... :?:

In the meantime I'm really enjoying my nICE Macan. :D :D
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver