Tesla Model 3 sales

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Dandock wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:01 pm I think both your experiences - and Luke's if he's got his ear to the ground - are fascinating, persuasive and probably more influential than Tesla itself. And interesting at this moment that as you talk about their software as I'm trying to look at their site and it keeps defaulting to Tesla Italy. Cant seem to get to see much of the S, though. Unless Im missing something obvious. :?

Anyway, whilst the S and the X are simply not viable for us - notwithstanding the charging they're just far, far too big and probably not totally as wise a choice as they were for you since the PCP rates changed - we are I suppose potential targets for a Model 3 or perhaps more likely the Model Y, the mid sized SUV - whenever thats arriving. Having said this I think you would agree that I would find it mightily frustrating if I had my name down for either and a target date in mind only to find that date continually sliding backwards and having to make potentially compromising and expensive remedial decisions.

Tesla is clearly working hard to remedy their production issues and Musk admits that the 3 is not profitable right now. Will the Y be? If it is will the 3 get bounced some more... or will they both get bounced for reasons currently unseen. So many unanswered questions; and the world does very much abhor a vacuum. I think your both very fortunate to be driving and loving your Teslas but for us mere mortals any prospect is all very frustrating.
That's a very open-minded approach, which is what it takes to make the big change from ICE to EV.

Tesla website works okay on my computer, so maybe your computer thinks it's in Milan, lol? It is a pretty minimalist website though and not many photos. This is an interesting page, showing some of the key UI features and historical development.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/software

Model 3 will probably be available in the UK in the second half of 2019, Model Y maybe 2020 but not so clear yet. The consensus on the various forums is that it's not worth putting a deposit down now as you will be at or near the end of the queue anyway and when they do start delivering cars into the UK, the existing pre-orders will be likely met within a few months. That's what happened with the S back in the day. People who had pre-ordered years before only received their cars a few months ahead of new orders. So I would wait and see how it all goes, like I did with the Model X. I only had to wait a couple of months for a custom order in the end.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Top Gear Mag posted their Youtube review a few days ago

It is well worth a watch.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Interesting. :geek:

Thanks for sharing, Col.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

I am looking forward to the release of the model 3 in the UK, next year hopefully. :D
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tall Phil wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:03 pm I am looking forward to the release of the model 3 in the UK, next year hopefully. :D

According to the video, walk into a UK Tesla showroom to order one, and expect a wait of around 2 years. Hopefully they can sort out their production issues.
Simon

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Yes, that's true but pre-orders will be serviced first.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I ordered on launch day in April 2016, expecting H1 2019 delivery. Maybe.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

CharlesElliott wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:26 am I ordered on launch day in April 2016, expecting H1 2019 delivery. Maybe.
Looking forward to your pics and first impressions! ;)

Is your spec nearer to £35k or £57k? :geek:
Simon

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

CharlesElliott wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:26 am I ordered on launch day in April 2016, expecting H1 2019 delivery. Maybe.
I ordered a year later, maybe delivery by 2020?

As has already been mentioned, if they don't deliver by then, other main stream manufacturers will being delivering their own EVs. TESLA may miss the bus :|
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

UK configurator not available to me yet.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8