2 Month Review - Guilia Quadrifoglio

The place to discuss everything else..
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

MCDK wrote:Amazing how many people can't spell Alfa - its the same on every forum. Never see anyone referring to a Fyord Focus though :lol:
It’s true. You should here my 6 year old trying to say Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

VanB

Post by VanB »

I do apologise for calling and Alfa an Alpha (probably due to having studied Ancient Greek so Alpha mor natural than Alfa)!

Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hawkeye wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:12 pm
Wing Commander wrote:Thank you for sharing a great review and those photos, Hawkeye. :) Really pleasing to hear that the Alfa is giving you so much pleasure. Wishing you many more happy (and trouble-free) QF miles! 8-)
Thanks Wingco. Bringing some colour to the world just like you in you’re T! Hope you’re enjoying it.

Oh yes, loving my Carrera T thanks, Hawkeye! Been dashing around the South of England and covered over 2,000 miles in it already! :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

How do you keep your car looking gleaming Hawkeye? As soon as I leave the drive my car seems to attract dust and muck like there is nothing else making it dull. It sounds like you have found your (car) match for now. Enjoy and keep us posted.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Loved my Sud Ti back in the day - foibles an’ all! And just love those offset tailpipes.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Great review Hawkeye. The car looks stunning & I’m glad you are enjoying your time in her.
I see one being driven fast nearly every morning & can see how well planted they are. Pretty little thing too!
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

That’s a really fine looking car Hawkeye! Clearly it’s a car that brings out the passion of owning and driving something a bit special, a car that makes the heart skip a beat when you open the garage door. Isn’t that what real car enthusiasts want? We’ve enough time on this planet to be dull and boring. Perhaps it’s that realisation that’s ‘driving’ some of us into sports cars.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Nosmo wrote:How do you keep your car looking gleaming Hawkeye? As soon as I leave the drive my car seems to attract dust and muck like there is nothing else making it dull. It sounds like you have found your (car) match for now. Enjoy and keep us posted.
Pleased that you thought it looked gleaming. The car basically had 3 days worth of corrective polishing and was then coated with Kamikaze Miyabi Coat, followed by ISM Pro. Those pictures are 3 weeks later having never been washed and after about 500 miles of driving. Surprised it still looked so clean to be honest.

Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Nuclear Nick wrote:That’s a really fine looking car Hawkeye! Clearly it’s a car that brings out the passion of owning and driving something a bit special, a car that makes the heart skip a beat when you open the garage door. Isn’t that what real car enthusiasts want? We’ve enough time on this planet to be dull and boring. Perhaps it’s that realisation that’s ‘driving’ some of us into sports cars.
Well said Nick and exactly right. If we could have made a 911 work for us, that would have been my first choice so I can absolutely see the appeal. The QF delivers a lot of the same performance but with enough practicality for family life.

MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Hawkeye wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:11 pm
MacanArif wrote:Great review Hawkeye and the car looks stunning. I've read the reviews and heard very good things about the car and you seem to be confirming it.
Thanks Arif and hope you are still loving the GT3. I watched the Mr JWW video of his first drive as part of the Porsche 70 year celebrations up in Scotland and it looked and sounded amazing.

Hawkeye - yes I saw that video too and would love to do something similar in mine when I have the time. Like you I'm truly smitten with my motor, my only frustration is that I currently don't have anywhere to exploit that awesome performance. I'm seriously considering some track action!
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S