2 Month Review - Guilia Quadrifoglio

The place to discuss everything else..
Hairymongoose

Post by Hairymongoose »

Great write-up Hawkeye. The Guilia QF is my favourite sports saloon on the market at the moment and looks best in Red. Like others have said, once you own an Alfa you can understand the unique personality. I had a top spec 147 that I bought as an ex-demo from a dealer and loved it. Would have liked to buy a ProDrive Brera in Red but never found a good one.
Enjoy many more road trips in the QF!
1st 2015 Sapphire SD *Sold*
Current 2018 Rhodium Turbo PP Exclusive

VanB

Post by VanB »

Wing Commander wrote:
VanB wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:29 pm That’s because it’s manual and the mode selector is only available on PDK equipped cars
Wrong. My Carrera T is manual and has the wheel-mounted mode selector. ;)
Well hit me on the bottom with a woman’s weekly! I absolutely understood that the mode selector was only for PDK cars and have seen many r views that substantiate that so will consider myself both educated and chastised (but I bet you can’t get one on a standard car)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:52 pm Maybe the GTS in the Top Gear video is an “ old model”?

It's a GT3, Paul, not a GTS. ;) And it's definitely the current GT3 (991.2) having the Touring Pack. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

VanB wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:16 pm
Wing Commander wrote:
VanB wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:29 pm That’s because it’s manual and the mode selector is only available on PDK equipped cars
Wrong. My Carrera T is manual and has the wheel-mounted mode selector. ;)
Well hit me on the bottom with a woman’s weekly! I absolutely understood that the mode selector was only for PDK cars and have seen many r views that substantiate that so will consider myself both educated and chastised (but I bet you can’t get one on a standard car)!
Ha ha. :lol:

Mode selector available on 'basic' Carrera with Sport Chrono. See pic from configurator. But only PDK equipped cars get Sport Response button and Launch Control. :geek:

IMG_2491.JPG

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Hairymongoose wrote:Great write-up Hawkeye. The Guilia QF is my favourite sports saloon on the market at the moment and looks best in Red. Like others have said, once you own an Alfa you can understand the unique personality. I had a top spec 147 that I bought as an ex-demo from a dealer and loved it. Would have liked to buy a ProDrive Brera in Red but never found a good one.
Enjoy many more road trips in the QF!
I have definitely found myself looking at many other Alfa’s since owning one whether it be on YouTube or Autotrader. I love this video about the GTA variant of the original Giulia - what a cool car! You need to turn on English captions, but worth it.

Talking of 147s, listen to the sound of this one. It’s enough to make me want one to go with the QF!

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Paul wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:52 pm Maybe the GTS in the Top Gear video is an “ old model”?

When did the wheel mounted selector mode come in on 911s? (Perhaps Arif can confirm whether he has it...)
I don't have a multi function steering wheel on my GT3 - it's not available along with lots of other options due to weight saving. I also didn't have a multi-function steering wheel on my 991.1 or my 991.2 GTSs. The only thing I had on my Gen2 GTS was the Sports Chrono dial on the steering wheel. I think you have to specify the heated multifunction steering wheel to get the other buttons on the steering wheel.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Good write up Hawkeye but saying it's the best car you've owned on a Porsche forum. Oh Dio! Mamma mia!

I was tempted with one but I think I've drunk too much Porsche kool aid as I tend to end up buying cars on the basis of 'why wouldn't I buy X in Porsche flavour' versus buying something purely on the merit of what it is. The only exception being an Ariel Nomad which my wife waded in on with far too much common sense. :lol:
happy days

Post by happy days »

VanB wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:16 pm Well hit me on the bottom with a woman’s weekly!
Should that not read 'beat' me on the bottom with a woman's weekly?
Macan S D
718 S
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

alxgb wrote:Good write up Hawkeye but saying it's the best car you've owned on a Porsche forum. Oh Dio! Mamma mia!

I was tempted with one but I think I've drunk too much Porsche kool aid as I tend to end up buying cars on the basis of 'why wouldn't I buy X in Porsche flavour' versus buying something purely on the merit of what it is. The only exception being an Ariel Nomad which my wife waded in on with far too much common sense. :lol:
It’s a good point about it being the best car I’ve ever owned. There is probably some ‘recency bias’ in there and partly informed by current circumstance requiring a combination of pace and space. If I thought more unconstrained, my next best probably would be my Cayman S, so at least the right brand!

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Hawkeye wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:50 pm
alxgb wrote:Good write up Hawkeye but saying it's the best car you've owned on a Porsche forum. Oh Dio! Mamma mia!

It’s a good point about it being the best car I’ve ever owned. There is probably some ‘recency bias’ in there and partly informed by current circumstance requiring a combination of pace and space. If I thought more unconstrained, my next best probably would be my Cayman S, so at least the right brand!
You're digging yourself out nicely. :lol: I was just winding you up, it wasn't criticism.