Are EVs the Devil incarnate?

The place to discuss everything else..
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Certainly not the power unit panacea to save the world that the Tesla Triplets would have you believe.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Guy

Post by Guy »

Let's get a poll going on who will respond first! ;)
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:43 pm Certainly not the power unit panacea to save the world that the Tesla Triplets would have you believe.
Well I've never said they were. Actually what I have said in the past is that long term CO2 targets are unrealistic with ANY form of known propulsion, which means either the end of unlimited personal transport or more likely snowballing climate change. In the meantime I chose EV because I prefer driving them on a daily basis. I still own a petrol 911 too and we still have a crappy diesel which we will get rid of when someone makes a suitable EV. We fly twice a year to Canada too, so I can't pretend to be an eco warrior either. I don't live in a city, so you're welcome to pollute them with diesel fumes as much as you like.

I think that sums up my position on the Eco side I.e we're f@*#ed anyway!
muxty

Post by muxty »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:43 pm Certainly not the power unit panacea to save the world that the Tesla Triplets would have you believe.
Bought the Tesla because it's IMO a more fun and a better car than our previous Porsche Macan Turbo and Audi RS6 (my previous car, Macan was mainly my wife driving). Tired also of finance the dirty oil industry and also don't belong to the crowd that is resistant to change and against everything new and innovative.

A nice bonus to run around town completely emission free, no noise to that disturb people around and always have a full charge when I wake up in the morning.
Last edited by muxty on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andreas

Post by andreas »

muxty wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:51 pm

A nice bonus to run around town completely emission free, no noise to that disturb people around and always have a full charge when I wake up in the morning.
I'd like a full charge when I wake up in the morning... :shock:
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

I can't say I understand the entertainment factor of repeatedly trash posting (in this instance) ICE Macans, on a Macan specific forum?

Bit like turning up to a Hells Angels party, wearing an Outlaws patch.

But hey-Ho, each to their own and all that, eh?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

nsm3 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm I can't say I understand the entertainment factor of repeatedly trash posting (in this instance) ICE Macans, on a Macan specific forum?

Agreed.

I cannot understand why those who had a Macan and are now trashing them bother to be a part of this MACAN forum.

:twisted:
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:42 pm
nsm3 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm I can't say I understand the entertainment factor of repeatedly trash posting (in this instance) ICE Macans, on a Macan specific forum?

Agreed.

I cannot understand why those who had a Macan and are now trashing them bother to be a part of this MACAN forum.

:twisted:
+1
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

muxty wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:51 pm
A nice bonus to run around town completely emission free, .....
Just because you can't see smoke coming out of a stack doesn't mean its emission free nor completely emission free. The smoke just gets moved.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18