Are EVs the Devil incarnate?

The place to discuss everything else..
muxty

Post by muxty »

Nosmo wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:45 pm
muxty wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:51 pm
SAC1 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:43 pm Certainly not the power unit panacea to save the world that the Tesla Triplets would have you believe.
A nice bonus to run around town completely emission free, .....
Just because you can't see smoke coming out of a stack doesn't mean its emission free nor completely emission free. The smoke just gets moved.
Ah... the good old myths are appearing. How surprising :lol:

it's easier to make the power stations cleaner over time than the millions of chimneys running around town polluting. And an EV is already cleaner from a life cycle perspective than an ICE-car even if it's powered by the dirtiest coal.

It's not that refining oil doesn't use any energy resources...

goron59

Post by goron59 »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:42 pm
nsm3 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm I can't say I understand the entertainment factor of repeatedly trash posting (in this instance) ICE Macans, on a Macan specific forum?

Bit like turning up to a Hells Angels party, wearing an Outlaws patch.

But hey-Ho, each to their own and all that, eh?
Agreed.

I cannot understand why those who had a Macan and are now trashing them bother to be a part of this MACAN forum.

:twisted:
Well who else will respond to your clickbait? ;)

This stopped being a Macan forum at least a year ago - now it's just a playground. Fun to watch :)
johnd

Post by johnd »

goron59 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:16 pm This stopped being a Macan forum at least a year ago - now it's just a playground. Fun to watch :)
Thing is, it would be great if there was any actual Macan-specific news to discuss but that's all gone the way of the Dodo, for now at least. All that's left other than commentary on potential Macan competitors is to welcome new owners to the fold and recycle sympathy/fixes on a few known issues.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

nsm3 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm I can't say I understand the entertainment factor of repeatedly trash posting (in this instance) ICE Macans, on a Macan specific forum?

This is the OT part of the forum where some Macan owners have a habit of trash talking Teslas, often from a fairly uninformed position, and I just point out the positives in actually owning one. I don't go into the main forum and start slagging Macans, that would be silly!
muxty

Post by muxty »

Orangebulldog wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:44 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:42 pm

Agreed.

I cannot understand why those who had a Macan and are now trashing them bother to be a part of this MACAN forum.

:twisted:
+1

So I assume this "Trashing Macan" came out of this very trashing statement of mine :lol:

"Bought the Tesla because it's IMO a more fun and a better car than our previous Porsche Macan Turbo and Audi RS6 (my previous car, Macan was mainly my wife driving)."

This is MY honest opinion after having own both vehicles and I happen to be one of few in here with this experience. I just respond to some of the statements in here made by people in here with very limited (if any?) knowledge about Tesla and full of myths and misconceptions.