Fined - Driving the Macan in Italy Last Year

The place to discuss everything else..
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Posted this on PH but thought you guys might be interested as well.

This morning I get a letter from the Polizia Municipale Comune Di Firenze. It seems that during our trip there last June (2017) we drove through a restricted area and this has resulted in a fine. As we were driving our own car they have obviously got my details from Swansea in order to send the fine to me and it seems that they have up to a year to issue it.

The reason for posting is to provide a bit more info. The fine including costs was 110.56 Euros but if you pay within 5 days of notification you get a 30% discount so I paid 86.26 Euros. If you fail to pay by day 60 following notification the fine doubles.

You can pay by credit card (for an additional 1.21 Euros) on an Italian website which was pretty simple to follow and you get an email shortly afterwards confirming payment and closure of the offence.

The notification is in English but is very technical and not easy to understand so needs to be read several times. The payment instructions are also very straightforward.

So be aware if you driving over there this summer.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Hi

Read this with interest given I had thought the UK opted out of these directives. Then I saw this:

https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdow ... nce-abroad

Just out of interest, did this occur while you traveled through the restricted zone in Florence City Centre? This can be avoided if you travel into the zone and park in an authorised private carpark - especially when you need to find a spot to put the car for staying in a hotel or b&b. The operator will usually contact the city authority on your behalf stating that the only reason you traveled in was to park there. We did it ourselves in a rental car - the carpark is like a real life Tetris game and best left to the pros that run it!

G
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Thanks for the heads up and the link! :-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Thanks. And thank goodness we didn’t try accessing anywhere like that.

I don’t know though about the 65 plate from Bristol that we spotted parked up by the Duomo in Verona today. (See Spotted thread).
Amazing to find a way in never mind a parking spot!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀