How useful is a Forum?

The place to discuss everything else..
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

What, to me, is worrying about this forum is declining usage. Tonight (early Friday evening) I'm one of only two registered users on line. I've lost track of the number of times I've been a lone user. This forum has been incredibly useful to me over the three and a half years I've been a member. I just hope there are enough people willing to contribute to keeping it going for at least the same length of time.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

wizzzard wrote: ↑Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:00 pm ...learnt about users who want to sell their Macan's to buy 911s...

It could happen to you... ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

On-Track wrote: ↑Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:36 pm What, to me, is worrying about this forum is declining usage. Tonight (early Friday evening) I'm one of only two registered users on line. I've lost track of the number of times I've been a lone user. This forum has been incredibly useful to me over the three and a half years I've been a member. I just hope there are enough people willing to contribute to keeping it going for at least the same length of time.
+1. Just me browsing at the mo... :(
Simon

Paul

Post by Paul »

I’ve been on here for probably 3 years now.

It was really useful early on for me (knowledge us everything in my experience) but I now find the same questions popping up where new users (with no judgement intended) have not exhausted the search facility prior to asking their question.

I think many now simply pop in 2 or 3 times a day, scan the latest threads and only respond if they feel they can bring something new to the debate (or prolong some humour!)

Good forum, interesting, useful and good fun too. I shall continue using πŸ‘
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul wrote: ↑Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:37 pm I’ve been on here for probably 3 years now.

Good forum, interesting, useful and good fun too. I shall continue using πŸ‘

Nearer to 4 years, Paul!

05/09/2014

;) πŸ‘
Simon

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I agree with Paul.

Use of the search function prior to starting a new thread will help greatly.

So I only pop in daily and many times do not bother to input.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I personally feel I was lucky to come across this form, it has helped me immensly with my choice of car and the products I buy , the response from people has always been fair and knowledgeable, I now feel confident to answer new questions by newcomers, as a result. The other more important thing to me is that this forum has helped me with my dyslexia, writing every post has not been easy and takes me ages .. so a win win for me and the forum, and for potential Porsche owners, and owners alike.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
VanB

Post by VanB »

I've found the forum very useful as a resource for knowledge and opinions and it has certainly helped when choosing options. Moreover, most contributors are very good natured and there is a fair bit of humour knocking around too. Unlike most other forums I've frequented there is very little trolling on here which is refreshing although I agree that activity seems to have declined over the last year which is a shame.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col M

Post by Col M »

VanB wrote: ↑Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:22 am I've found the forum very useful as a resource for knowledge and opinions and it has certainly helped when choosing options. Moreover, most contributors are very good natured and there is a fair bit of humour knocking around too. Unlike most other forums I've frequented there is very little trolling on here which is refreshing although I agree that activity seems to have declined over the last year which is a shame.
Yes we're in need of a facelift! I believe the forum is incredibly useful in determining individual car issues and possible systemic ones, from actual owners. Certainly in my case the Macan is many levels above what I've ever owned before so I have to get over the tendancy to except small issues.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
johnd

Post by johnd »

VanB wrote: ↑Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:22 am ... although I agree that activity seems to have declined over the last year which is a shame.
Is this very surprising though? Forums like this one are always going to most active in the first year or two after a brand new model type is launched. There's a lot of interest in general, a lot of questions to be asked and a lot of reports from early adopters re their experiences and potential issues.

But inevitably this all tails off after 2-3 years, especially when there's not too much new to talk about. I imagine the forum will be revitalised when the launch date for the facelift gets firmed up with lots of chat about the new spec, new engines (?) etc and experiences of the new model. But right now there's not a lot to say that hasn't already been said a dozen times.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly