How useful is a Forum?

The place to discuss everything else..
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Apart From a few know it all know nothing types o here, there general forum is a ok

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Forums of all types can ge extremely useful.

To consider Apple and their earlier iPads and iPhones there were hundreds of cracking screens, the claims against them were dismissed as Apple claimed that the accelerometer inside the device logged a sudden stop of the devices and stated that this was as a result of the device being dropped.

Taking this on to your Apple Watch, maybe there is the same type of accelerometer inside the Watch that can verify or otherwise that your Watch has not been subjected to impact and as such there is no reason other than a design defect why the screen should crack.

Maybe worth checking this out.

Also it would not hurt to send a letter to where you bought the Watch advising them that their product is unfit for purpose and that they have 28 days to respond with a foc repair before you take out a case against them in the small claims court.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

This forum has been hugely useful to me over the years. The advice, the humour, the pictures, the diversity, the experience to name a few. But most of all this forum has some really nice people and we are bit of a community and I've had the pleasure of meeting some of the good members on this forum.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Well said, Arif! :) 🍻
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Trust me, the OPC's most definitely do read this forum.

I made a complimentary remark on here about my SE. Next time I was in the OPC he thanked me as the DP had read my comments and had given him a lot of praise for his work with me. He's worked out it was me from the comments made and my name.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Agree about there being OPC staff reading in here but maybe not participating. My SE also commented when I left positive remarks after my test drives. So long as our feedback is honest, fair and true no one can complain.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I will continue to heap negative comments on Wilmslow after the could not care less attitude of their SE was imparted upon us when we were at the OPC.

Maybe SEs read this forum but Wilmslow certainly have made no attempt to apologise for the extremely unporfssional manner in which my Wife and I were treated.

Any decent OPC on seeing negative comments would surely make some attempt to rectify the situation.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

I joined this week. Have been reading for two. In that time, I have learnt about Macan's, learnt about users who want to sell their Macan's to buy 911s, won some bets on the World Cup so that I can afford a Pan Roof and started to condition my wife into purchasing a Porsche.

New Resource + Increased Persuasive Powers = More Potent Wizzzard

Wavey.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I learned that you can still spec a space saver wheel with BOSE specced. So that was useful. Sadly, that’s about it.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Very....interesting, informative, sometimes opinionated, amusing, non-abusive, expensive (if you follow all the recommendations!)..................just what a Forum should be!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver