Porsche Taycan

The place to discuss everything else..
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

MacanArif wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:50 am I was one of those that went through about 4 Macans with pretty minimal depreciation.

Not sure about ‘one of’ Arif. You’re being modest. One of a kind, more like! ;) Not aware of anyone else who’s bought & sold 4 Macans, let alone done so with negligible depreciation! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:02 am No doubt residuals will be strong following initial deliveries, but will it be a fully resolved Porsche? Probably and hopefully so, but if not then residuals will slide on the early production run. Until real world consumers are convinced it will be the early adopters and motoring journalists' reports and enthusiasm that will set the tone for residuals.
I think this probably hits the nail on the head. Together with the comments that existing "good" customers will get the early ones. Food for thought - but I suspect I will be watching this one happen from the side line. Although you never quite know...
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

I have heard that the price for the launch model will likely be between the Panamera E-Hybrid (c. £80k) and Turbo S E-Hybrid (c.£140k) so likely between £100k and £120k. This to me makes a lot more sense than the original rumour of a £70k price tag....(a) no one would buy Panameras, (b) will reflect its on paper performance credentials and (c) Porsche have no need to undercut a Tesla Model S by that margin.

Deliveries cannot start until OPCs are fully equipped for both solely electrical charging and, more importantly, to be able to conduct full maintenance and repairs on full electric models. That probably won't be complete until at least summer 2019 which does stack up to UK deliveries not until at least towards the end of 2019.
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Virage11 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:21 am I have heard that the price for the launch model will likely be between the Panamera E-Hybrid (c. £80k) and Turbo S E-Hybrid (c.£140k) so likely between £100k and £120k. This to me makes a lot more sense than the original rumour of a £70k price tag....(a) no one would buy Panameras, (b) will reflect its on paper performance credentials and (c) Porsche have no need to undercut a Tesla Model S by that margin.

Deliveries cannot start until OPCs are fully equipped for both solely electrical charging and, more importantly, to be able to conduct full maintenance and repairs on full electric models. That probably won't be complete until at least summer 2019 which does stack up to UK deliveries not until at least towards the end of 2019.
Yes, I thought the £60-70K price was unbelievable. I'd buy one at that price instantly, but you just know it's going to be well north of £100K in reality.
Regarding OPC charging, do you actually think their physical locations are well placed for long haul charging? I wouldn't be happy taking a detour off the motorway network to stop at an OPC to charge? I think that's more of a gimmick than a real world charging solution. But they do obviously need to gear up to service these cars, which will take a little time.
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

Peteski wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:30 am
Virage11 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:21 am I have heard that the price for the launch model will likely be between the Panamera E-Hybrid (c. £80k) and Turbo S E-Hybrid (c.£140k) so likely between £100k and £120k. This to me makes a lot more sense than the original rumour of a £70k price tag....(a) no one would buy Panameras, (b) will reflect its on paper performance credentials and (c) Porsche have no need to undercut a Tesla Model S by that margin.

Yes, I thought the £60-70K price was unbelievable. I'd buy one at that price instantly, but you just know it's going to be well north of £100K in reality.
Regarding OPC charging, do you actually think their physical locations are well placed for long haul charging? I wouldn't be happy taking a detour off the motorway network to stop at an OPC to charge? I think that's more of a gimmick than a real world charging solution. But they do obviously need to gear up to service these cars, which will take a little time.
I think its more to do with getting cars checked and then charged before delivery and being able to trouble-shoot charging issues rather than being an active part of charging infrastructure - as yes I agree - detouring to an OPC for charging would be rather lame!
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
Deleted User 1874

Virage11 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:40 am

I think its more to do with getting cars checked and then charged before delivery and being able to trouble-shoot charging issues rather than being an active part of charging infrastructure - as yes I agree - detouring to an OPC for charging would be rather lame!
Charging them for delivery would be trivial and doesn't require anything other than a basic £400 wall charger. Tesla service centres don't generally have rapid charging, just regular 8-22 kW chargers. I guess it will all be in place by the end of next year when cars start getting delivered.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Virage11 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:40 am
For me, actually, detouring to an OPC would be more convenient than detouring to a Tesla Supercharger. I have an OPC quite nearby, and it isn't embedded in a shopping centre carpark or hotel.

I don't think I can see myself going long distance touring in an EV any time soon, so local-to-home charging and range would define things.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Regarding OPC charging, do you actually think their physical locations are well placed for long haul charging?

I wouldn't be happy taking a detour off the motorway network to stop at an OPC to charge?

I think that's more of a gimmick than a real world charging solution. But they do obviously need to gear up to service these cars, which will take a little time.
Off the M6 northbound for Kendal, stop off to charge at OPC which is on the A6, then head north and open it up on the road up to Shap, then back onto the M6.

What could be better, its a great road.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 1874

goron59 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:06 pm
For me, actually, detouring to an OPC would be more convenient than detouring to a Tesla Supercharger. I have an OPC quite nearby, and it isn't embedded in a shopping centre carpark or hotel.
An OPC near your home is not really the point, it's when you are far from home and out of range that you need to rely on rapid chargers. I suppose you could pop in and get a quick free charge now and then, but I doubt you would use it as often as you think. My nearest Tesla Supercharger is about 12 miles away, but I never use it.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Peteski wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:06 pm
goron59 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:06 pm
An OPC near your home is not really the point, it's when you are far from home and out of range that you need to rely on rapid chargers. I suppose you could pop in and get a quick free charge now and then, but I doubt you would use it as often as you think. My nearest Tesla Supercharger is about 12 miles away, but I never use it.
I suppose it depends whether you are able to charge at home or not. On street parkers, or those with underground parking (but no power) would find a local OPC charger quite useful, I'd imagine.