Italy trip report

The place to discuss everything else..
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Semerka wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:14 pm
Dandock wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:22 pm 18 days in all. Three one night stops on the way down and then a week in Tuscany. For the return we took our time with longer stops. Three nights in Bardolino, two in Uberlingen then a single night each in Heidelberg and Reims.

Bardolino is very touristy so wasn’t what we’d expected but the hotel was excellent and made for a very enjoyable and relaxing few days. The day we arrived it was the Bardolino International Triathlon so especially busy. We also used it for a day trip to Verona - €5/pp each way. Inexpensive bus but a very, very expensive day as Mrs D found her mother-of-the-bride dress. 😱🤯🤕

Uberlingen and Heidelberg (via the Black Forest 500) were in order to see something of Germany. We’ll be seeing more for sure.

Indeed it is a long journey but that was one reason for investing in the Macan. It just gobbled all up.
Haha ref Mrs D's dress, I hope it did not get creased on the long journey and she still likes it, she looks very happy in the photo! :lol:

Thank you very much for your reply! :D
Your very welcome. And yes she was very happy - particularly post- Verona! The dress in travel bag and carrier was dutifully carried in and out of every hotel and survived well. It’s got to go to France next.

A word of caution though...

For the two purchases we made in Verona the retailers had only contactless terminals! This caused a big problem with our Capital One MasterCard which just kept bouncing the transaction. (We phoned them from the store and they were useless!) The issue was that the U.K. contactless limit is, of course, just £30 and the dress was a tad dearer than that!! It eventually went on Amex. All very embarrassing :oops: :evil:
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Dandock wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:45 pm A word of caution though...

For the two purchases we made in Verona the retailers had only contactless terminals! This caused a big problem with our Capital One MasterCard which just kept bouncing the transaction. (We phoned them from the store and they were useless!) The issue was that the U.K. contactless limit is, of course, just £30 and the dress was a tad dearer than that!! It eventually went on Amex. All very embarrassing :oops: :evil:
Oh dear! I hope the dress was worth it and it is a success on the day! 8-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Semerka wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:32 pm
Dandock wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:45 pm A word of caution though...

Oh dear! I hope the dress was worth it and it is a success on the day! 8-)
Yes, thanks. Our daughter approves... and it’s a keeper too so the signs are good. ;)
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀