EV charging - it beggars belief.

The place to discuss everything else..
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I have seen elsewhere that the iBMW motors will not continue into a second gen model.

If this is the case just what will be the after care for the i models?

Will the non continue ce afftect values adversely?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:26 pm I have seen elsewhere that the iBMW motors will not continue into a second gen model.

Hard to say. Could make it a modern day classic, although I'm probably not looking at keeping beyond factory warranty. One of the reasons it depreciated rapidly in the first place was because of it being a first gen model and now it looks like this very minor facelift could be the last! My guess is that BMW might develop a full EV version in the long term, especially if the Taycan is viewed as a success. But that would probably have to be a completely different platform. I can't see it being a huge risk at £50-55K for a 3 year old car with low mileage. What's the worst that could happen in another 3 or 4 years? Even down at £25K it wouldn't be the end of the world (and I'd probably just keep it in that case), but I wouldn't be surprised to see good low mileage examples in the £40K+ range given their pedigree and relative scarcity.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Peteski wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:59 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:26 pm I have seen elsewhere that the iBMW motors will not continue into a second gen model.

Hard to say. Could make it a modern day classic, although I'm probably not looking at keeping beyond factory warranty. One of the reasons it depreciated rapidly in the first place was because of it being a first gen model and now it looks like this very minor facelift could be the last! My guess is that BMW might develop a full EV version in the long term, especially if the Taycan is viewed as a success. But that would probably have to be a completely different platform. I can't see it being a huge risk at £50-55K for a 3 year old car with low mileage. What's the worst that could happen in another 3 or 4 years? Even down at £25K it wouldn't be the end of the world (and I'd probably just keep it in that case), but I wouldn't be surprised to see good low mileage examples in the £40K+ range given their pedigree and relative scarcity.
...and no different really to the facelift Macan not having the same engines as the current model.
It won’t mean there will be no after-care for all us current Macan owners and residuals shouldn’t be too adversly affected (I hope😉)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465