3.5 months & onto 4th courtesy car

The place to discuss everything else..
Macancan

Post by Macancan »

I should imagine the OPC would have checked the compatibility list ?

https://homelink.com/compatible/products

Took me ages to get it to learn my remote but it did work eventually. (Hormann)
1st Porsche Macan SD Rhodium Silver 2016-2018 (SOLD)
2nd Porsche Macan SD Sapphire Blue 21" Turbo's 2018-2020 (SOLD)
Current 718 Boxster GTS GT Silver

smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

They returned my car to me last night. So no 4th courtesy car.
A little under two weeks ago I took it back with three minor niggles. Then it was off road with a battery issue.
On the telephone handover last night I’d asked about the issues I actually took it back with. The response wasn’t exactly encouraging. They are adamant the item I’ve bought is incompatible:

https://www.shopssl.de/epages/es1056731 ... Categories

They claim they tried it on other Cayenne’s the same as mine and as it won’t pair with them neither so it must be my equipment. This is an exact contradiction to what I’ve been told by Homelink themselves, whom I spent hours on the phone to in Germany trying to troubleshoot. I asked had they tried it on any of the other models within their fleet which would prove it was a new Cayenne issue & they had not.

I asked about the PCM crashing and whether indeed they had updated the software and the response was an unconvincing maybe.
I then enquired about the emergency stop assist deactivated message I get on the dash every single time I drive the car and I got the response no one had mentioned this, so that must be fixed too.

Unconvinced and sceptical I test drove the car last night. Immediately I got the warning message. I was clear to them, fix it or explain what it is and why it is there. They have done neither.

I haven’t driven the car long enough to witness the PCM crashing. It happens around 2-3 times a week, so at present I have to give them the benefit of the doubt, although if I was a betting man I’d wager I will see a crash within the next few days.

So, I’ve had the car in for three issues. So far it looks like none have been fixed other than a problem that wasn’t actually there when I drove the car in to them. All this in just under two weeks. Brilliant.

I am not wanting to apply any lemon laws here and certainly don’t want to hand the car back. I still love the car, despite her foibles, but I do find myself incredibly angry with the service I have received.

I am going to email the Centre Principle and detail my dissatisfaction. I will ask him for some contact details for Porsche GB and explain perhaps they can give me some clearer indication as to what I am experiencing.

Once again, thanks for all your suggestions. I’ll keep you posted as to what happens. Although one shouldn’t hold one’s breath!
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Make sure you ask for a meeting with the DP in your email. Other than that it’s just words on a page that he can respond how he wishes. Looking at the whites of the eyes across the desk will be much more effective and show you need actions. Keyboard warriors don’t tend to get results but
By all means set out your issues and follow up any meeting with an email confirming actions agreed. Sounds like you are getting very poor service so they need to show commitment to sorting out issues.
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Email sent to DP requesting a meeting.

The wait begins.
Taycan Turbo S

VanB

Post by VanB »

Smithy, sounds like a pretty poor experience all around and probably not too representative. Good luck with achieving a satisfactory outcome as I'm sure this has somewhat taken the gloss off what should be an awesome car and not inexpensive either.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Blimey. What's going on. Reports of awful service from both Newcastle & Glasgow OPCs. :(

Surely not what the Porsche brand aspires to!?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Just wanted to update and thank you all for the invaluable advice received.

I met with the centre principle and he couldn't apologise enough. I had the foresight to take photographic evidence and a dossier of facts to back up my concerns and the car is going back in tomorrow. I am assured the issues will be correctly addressed and rectified. I also managed to blag a 911 T as a courtesy car so I am happy with the way this is heading. :lol:

Once I have an update on all the problems I will post them and I will also update the homelink thread with the correct procedure (and firmware updates) accordingly.
Taycan Turbo S

Paul

Post by Paul »

👍
Good news, if the DP is involved and you’ve looked him in the eye, the right result should follow.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

smithy37 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:49 pm Just wanted to update and thank you all for the invaluable advice received.

I met with the centre principle and he couldn't apologise enough. I had the foresight to take photographic evidence and a dossier of facts to back up my concerns and the car is going back in tomorrow. I am assured the issues will be correctly addressed and rectified. I also managed to blag a 911 T as a courtesy car so I am happy with the way this is heading. :lol:

Once I have an update on all the problems I will post them and I will also update the homelink thread with the correct procedure (and firmware updates) accordingly.
Good news! And enjoy the Carrera T in the meantime! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:46 pm
smithy37 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:49 pm Just wanted to update and thank you all for the invaluable advice received.

Good news! And enjoy the Carrera T in the meantime! :)
Car has only covered 300 miles and is pretty well specced. Has the PDK which is a shame as I fancied the manual to trial. Can’t complain though.
Only managed a little drive so far, but I’m smitten. What a machine. Certainly turned some heads too.
Taycan Turbo S