3.5 months & onto 4th courtesy car

The place to discuss everything else..
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Being an early adopter to a new model has always brought its joys and its setbacks but this is now becoming ridiculous.

The latest episode revolves around those blooming Homelink buttons in the roof. Obsessed that it should work I took my car to them nearly 2 weeks ago along with my Homelink garage door box (it powers from a standard 3 pin plug & the numbered LED’s tell you what is happening). I also mentioned several PCM crashes and had detailed dates and specific times to help troubleshoot. Lastly I am still getting an emergency stop assist deactivated warning message in the dash every time I drive the car so asked them to explain (or fix) what that is about.
After 3 days I got a call to say they were having issues with the battery (???) and a day later instructed me they were waiting for permission from Porsche to swap it. As I was going on holiday I suggested they collect the loan car (a new model Cayenne S) and sort it whilst I was away for a week if they couldn’t return my car in time.
Whilst I was on holiday I got a message to say permission was granted but there were no batteries in the UK. I asked about the Homelink buttons and was fobbed off.
I returned to the UK yesterday so the service department have arranged for another loaner. The battery has arrived but something that goes with it has not.
I’m expecting a call today or tomorrow telling me the car is done.
I can guarantee the Homelink still won’t work. The PCM will still crash & I bet I get no explanation about the warning message.

The car has been with them, off and on, for about 4 weeks out of around 14 weeks of ownership.

If I’m unsatisfied with the outcome where do I escalate this and to whom?
The service manager comes across as a little short with me. I may be reading his tone wrong, but it’s how it appears.

I’m not a perennial moaner & prefer the easy option, but if I specified an option and have compatible equipment I’ve every right to expect it to function.

Really love some advice on moving forward. What is reasonable. If this needs a future software/firmware update how do I make sure I get it further down the line. Out of sight is out of mind.

Cheers guys.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Given how much you paid for this car I think you have a right to expect it to be right. I think there are three courses of action:

1. Meet with the dealer principal and ask him what action he is taking to remedy the problem.
2. Take the matter up direct with Porsche GB.
3. Reject the car and either ask for your money back or a replacement.

How far down the list you get depends on the outcome of each step. Even if, despite your expectations, the car is finally fixed by replacement of the battery I would still take step one and seek a remedy for the massive inconvenience you have suffered.

When all this is over, you can give us a review of the Cayenne S as compared to the Turbo. :)
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I would arrange a meeting with the Dealer Principal. Keep it polite but message is you are very unhappy with the experience so
far and detail outstanding issues. Let him give you the action plan and assurances to resolve with an arranged follow up meeting in a timescale to suit. Keeps the pressure on in a polite but firm manner.

Then if that does not yield results it time to rebalance the polite and firmness aspects with more emphasis on the firmness!!
Paul

Post by Paul »

As per the 2 above....a letter (nothing quite like writing it down to sharpen the focus!) to the DP with a copy for info to Porsche customer services outlining step by step what has and hasn’t happened.
In writing, there is no confusion, no misunderstanding and no deniability later on.
I like MCDK’s “ firm but polite” policy😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

Hello Smithy37.
I had a similar moan a few months back, but only when I sent a attached letter to Porsche GB via Email which came back to the dealer principal I got some focus in the dealership with my issue.. thankfully all sorted now, but from experience, go to the top only.

Which OPC did you buy from .?
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Appreciate all the advice guys, thanks.

As it stands I am at work and still car-less. I still don't know what is going on. I have told them I must have a car for my work so would expect an update this afternoon.
I'll await to hear what the service manager tells me and then I will take it from there.

The OPC is Newcastle and they are currently redeveloping the site. So the offices are now down the street from the workshop and the workshop is in the middle of what is slowly becoming a building site. I honestly think this is affecting them in their capacity to function and concentrate. I did take the car to Teesside when the engine malfunctioned (faulty injector) a few weeks back, but only because it was nearer and I didn't want to risk long term damage to the engine. Teesside wasn't open when I joined the waiting list for the Cayenne so I have tried to remain loyal to the Newcastle OPC. This is seriously testing my loyalty though.

Watch this space.....
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Hi, this sounds a lot like my experience with that Vodafone car tracking thingy and the associated Porsche app. Mine stopped working a couple of times and from what Vodafone told me it had to do with the module Porsche installs to make it compatible with the tracking system Vodafone has. Anyway, long story short, it simply required a reboot. Apparently they all do it. If it happened again, I was told, a new module would have been required. Homelink isn't this but it is undoubtedly software driven or there is a small bit of hardware which may have failed. If you aren't getting joy from Porsche, I would contact Homelink directly. You never know! They may be able to tell you exactly what it is.

Btw, regarding loyalty, to me Porsche is Porsche! My sales guy was/is a legend and I still correspond with him via Whatsapp on ridiculous things. Service on the other hand...just go to the place that will fix things! To me, the two are entirely separate.

Lastly, and from one of the messages above, Porsche won't refund you £120k on the basis of a faulty £200 option! If they do...porcine aviation will be a new thing! LOL!
Paul

Post by Paul »

GMAN75 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:25 pm
Lastly, and from one of the messages above, Porsche won't refund you £120k on the basis of a faulty £200 option! If they do...porcine aviation will be a new thing! LOL!
If they can’t fix the fault after 3 attempts and the car is under 6 months old, then rejection for a full refund is absolutely an option. Messy and time consuming, and no car at the end of it, but absolutely an option.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Paul wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:58 pm
GMAN75 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:25 pm
If they can’t fix the fault after 3 attempts and the car is under 6 months old, then rejection for a full refund is absolutely an option. Messy and time consuming, and no car at the end of it, but absolutely an option.
A £200 automatic garage door opener which doesn't work does not make a car unfit for purpose. I'd like to see anyone try that one on!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Its the “ as described” bit of the act you’d need to use (Homelink opens your garage door) and the “ satisfactory quality’ (the option purchased for a specific reason, doesn’t work)

..although the fit for purpose bit can be used “whether or not that is a purpose for which goods of that kind are usually supplied.”

All a bit moot as the court would ultimately decide if the dealership chose to fight. It’s the fact that the ultimate sanction is there that should prompt the dealership into resolving the issue.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab