Glasgow OPC

The place to discuss everything else..
Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

Rab J wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:58 pm
Scott Cowan wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:51 am Hi,

The saga continues...
Possible grounds for a refund perhaps.... A day after getting my car back from the dealer last Sunday evening for a second time, I took it out for a test drive.. low and behold the washer fluid (not sure if it is now.. more on that later), there were the tell tale leak lines down the passenger side sill again... The garage claims nothing is faulty.... Yesterday I checked the coolant level before intending to take the car out for a drive.. Coolant level on Minimum marker AGAIN and visibly low when looking down into the reservoir from the filler cap.
This only a week after the waterpump had been replaced.... Naturally I picked the phone up and spoke to the manager of the centre who had no knowledge that my car had even been back with them for neigh on 5 weeks... Explained the whole sorry affair and agreed the car should be collected from me on Monday. They will be dropping off a Carrera T for the time my car is away... all very nice... however, IF this is another coolant leak, I don't want the car back, period, and I'll be making my case for a refund.. This is the third time of asking...
If they simply haven't filled the coolant up to the correct level prior to delivering it back to me, then someone seriously needs their a@$! kicked!! Not only that, they've even put far too much pressure in the rear tyres.. This whole sorry affair is seriously tarnishing my experience of what was otherwise my dream car.. A Mercedes E63S is starting to look like an increasingly tempting proposition...

Cowan
Scott, I picked up my 911 this week after the water pump being replaced and was warned that as it is very difficult to make sure all the air is out of the system, so if I got a low collant warning not to worry, just top it up. I have done 150 miles after pick up, including a quite spirited run on some of my favourite roads and no issues at all.
Many thanks for your input Rab J, very much appreciated indeed!! I'll bear this in mind when I talk to them tomorrow as I have not been given any info like this since getting the car back.

Thanks again!

cheers,

Cowan
Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo

Paul

Post by Paul »

Just to confirm the above, my previous Cayman S (‘08 vintage) had a coolant leak - split hose replaced but it was a couple of weeks and a couple of top-ups until it settled down (different engine and different configuration I know, but maybe typical of high performance engines?)

Also “ min” is just that...under “ min” is of concern 😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

Paul wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:39 pm Just to confirm the above, my previous Cayman S (‘08 vintage) had a coolant leak - split hose replaced but it was a couple of weeks and a couple of top-ups until it settled down (different engine and different configuration I know, but maybe typical of high performance engines?)

Also “ min” is just that...under “ min” is of concern 😉
Thanks Paul. Agree, minimum is just that, however there is no way of knowing just how far under minimum the level is just by looking the coolant level indicator. Granted, the warning signal hasn't come on yet but it may be close.. My fathers C2S 991.2 was also on minimum at one point and he experienced a "caution engine overheating" warning, yet his car only needed a quarter of the water required to bring it up to a normal level compared to mine the last time mine was at minimum level (before the leaking water pump was replaced), but I hope Rab J is right in his last post in that it may just need topping up after a pump replacement. We'll see..

cheers,

Cowan

Coolant filler level 19th August.jpg

Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo