Glasgow OPC

The place to discuss everything else..
Towser

Post by Towser »

You maybe don’t want post on a public forum but I’d be interested to know the name of the salesman. I’ve only dealt with the Edinburgh OPC but I had some fairly major issues with a salesman there who was supposedly sacked but I wonder if he just moved to Glasgow.
GTS Collected Jan 2017! http://www.porsche-code.com/PHK34WL9

Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

Towser wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:43 pm You maybe don’t want post on a public forum but I’d be interested to know the name of the salesman. I’ve only dealt with the Edinburgh OPC but I had some fairly major issues with a salesman there who was supposedly sacked but I wonder if he just moved to Glasgow.
It was my sales exec who's been a long standing member of their sales team along with another who dealt with my parents. I wasn't there so not sure which salesman said what, just know that some of the things that were said were dreadful. All I know is when approaching the subject of money, you don't say to a 66 year old woman (Broad Glaswegian accent required..) "hey Mrs. Scott! Ye cannae take it with ye eh.. hahhaha".. Cringeworthy.. They were literally hounded and didn't allow them a moments peace to look at a single car. They couldn't wait to get out the place.. anyway.. probably too much information.

My local BMW dealer on the other hand is quite the opposite (Crossflags in Dumfries, run by the McNish family as it happens). The salesmen there are the best I've dealt with along with their quality of service, plus I'm made to feel welcome the moment I set foot in the place.. and it's not as if I have a lot of trading history with them either.. yet.. There will be really good Porsche SA out there.. just have to be lucky I guess.
Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo
SMC

Post by SMC »

Just wondered if you had ever tried Porsche Edinburgh ? Certainly my experience with them is very positive, both sales and workshop staff don't seem to be able to do enough to help. I'm now on my second Macan from them and have always had great service throughout ownership and the sales process.
They are part of Sytner but from what you've said are very different in the way they deal with customers.
Current - 2018 GTS Carrera White
Gone - 2015 SD White
Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

SMC wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:03 am Just wondered if you had ever tried Porsche Edinburgh ? Certainly my experience with them is very positive, both sales and workshop staff don't seem to be able to do enough to help. I'm now on my second Macan from them and have always had great service throughout ownership and the sales process.
They are part of Sytner but from what you've said are very different in the way they deal with customers.
I tried them 9 years ago when I was considering a Boxster S at the time. They loaned me one for 24hrs. . They were very helpful but it's a long time ago now and I haven't had any experience of them since then. It's good to know you've had a good experience though. My father intends to take his 911 there as they have a flat in Edinburgh.

cheers,

Cowan
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo
Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

Hi,

The saga continues...
Possible grounds for a refund perhaps.... A day after getting my car back from the dealer last Sunday evening for a second time, I took it out for a test drive.. low and behold the washer fluid (not sure if it is now.. more on that later), there were the tell tale leak lines down the passenger side sill again... The garage claims nothing is faulty.... Yesterday I checked the coolant level before intending to take the car out for a drive.. Coolant level on Minimum marker AGAIN and visibly low when looking down into the reservoir from the filler cap.
This only a week after the waterpump had been replaced.... Naturally I picked the phone up and spoke to the manager of the centre who had no knowledge that my car had even been back with them for neigh on 5 weeks... Explained the whole sorry affair and agreed the car should be collected from me on Monday. They will be dropping off a Carrera T for the time my car is away... all very nice... however, IF this is another coolant leak, I don't want the car back, period, and I'll be making my case for a refund.. This is the third time of asking...
If they simply haven't filled the coolant up to the correct level prior to delivering it back to me, then someone seriously needs their a@$! kicked!! Not only that, they've even put far too much pressure in the rear tyres.. This whole sorry affair is seriously tarnishing my experience of what was otherwise my dream car.. A Mercedes E63S is starting to look like an increasingly tempting proposition...

Cowan
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

My experience with OPC sales is pretty average too, but not as bad as this! The sales guys at our local OPC are actually pretty good, but once the discussion turns to finance and sales add-ons it gets a bit tiresome. The servicing dept on the other hand is a bit of a joke. In summary, nice showroom, but the back office is just like any other traditional car dealership and certainly nothing special. Our local BMW dealer is actually much better, due to the attitude of the dealer Principal, who really is genuinely focused on customer service and high standards.
Paul

Post by Paul »

It was often said that the sales team sell the first car but the servicing department sell the next xx cars over the lifetime of a happy customer.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
VanB

Post by VanB »

Paul wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:56 pm It was often said that the sales team sell the first car but the servicing department sell the next xx cars over the lifetime of a happy customer.
Never a truer statement, Paul.

Currently, I am lucky as have had good service both from sales and service at Reading but I know others have not been so lucky. I do think Porsche service charges and the hourly rate are simply astronomical for no apparent reason. Mind you nowhere near as bad as Ferrari!

A lot of it is about making you feel valued and taking any concerns seriously as well as actually fixing any issue, after all these are not inexpensive cars.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Scott Cowan wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:51 am Hi,

The saga continues...
Possible grounds for a refund perhaps.... A day after getting my car back from the dealer last Sunday evening for a second time, I took it out for a test drive.. low and behold the washer fluid (not sure if it is now.. more on that later), there were the tell tale leak lines down the passenger side sill again... The garage claims nothing is faulty.... Yesterday I checked the coolant level before intending to take the car out for a drive.. Coolant level on Minimum marker AGAIN and visibly low when looking down into the reservoir from the filler cap.
This only a week after the waterpump had been replaced.... Naturally I picked the phone up and spoke to the manager of the centre who had no knowledge that my car had even been back with them for neigh on 5 weeks... Explained the whole sorry affair and agreed the car should be collected from me on Monday. They will be dropping off a Carrera T for the time my car is away... all very nice... however, IF this is another coolant leak, I don't want the car back, period, and I'll be making my case for a refund.. This is the third time of asking...
If they simply haven't filled the coolant up to the correct level prior to delivering it back to me, then someone seriously needs their a@$! kicked!! Not only that, they've even put far too much pressure in the rear tyres.. This whole sorry affair is seriously tarnishing my experience of what was otherwise my dream car.. A Mercedes E63S is starting to look like an increasingly tempting proposition...

Cowan
Scott, I picked up my 911 this week after the water pump being replaced and was warned that as it is very difficult to make sure all the air is out of the system, so if I got a low collant warning not to worry, just top it up. I have done 150 miles after pick up, including a quite spirited run on some of my favourite roads and no issues at all.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

VanB wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:29 pm
Paul wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:56 pm It was often said that the sales team sell the first car but the servicing department sell the next xx cars over the lifetime of a happy customer.
Never a truer statement, Paul.

Currently, I am lucky as have had good service both from sales and service at Reading but I know others have not been so lucky. I do think Porsche service charges and the hourly rate are simply astronomical for no apparent reason. Mind you nowhere near as bad as Ferrari!

A lot of it is about making you feel valued and taking any concerns seriously as well as actually fixing any issue, after all these are not inexpensive cars.
Agree wholeheartedly with you both and you need a bit of luck..
I have also previously mentioned that my local BMW dealer whom I've purchased a few cars from the past few years (for my wife) would be an example to any car dealership in all aspects. I'd rather have bought my car from them... but..
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo