Who Makes The Best Engine?

The place to discuss everything else..
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Not sure if it is current information but Honda produced some of the best engines and had never had an engine failure. :D :D :D

I'm sure this was before the Honda Jazz era :roll: :roll: :roll:

jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

This is total rubbish, by trying to "normalise" the information you are taking away the things that make it a great engine in the first place!

You can make all sorts of numbers out of this, and although this guy knows his maths, he obviously does not have either a girlfriend or a driving licence!

Power curves and torque figures make up a big part of the driving experience, to try and display it in this fashion is just like saying "my dad is bigger than your dad", which, although may be technically correct, it does not mean squat if your fathers a pussy!

James
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

jesim1 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:33 am This is total rubbish, by trying to "normalise" the information you are taking away the things that make it a great engine in the first place!

You can make all sorts of numbers out of this, and although this guy knows his maths, he obviously does not have either a girlfriend or a driving licence!

Power curves and torque figures make up a big part of the driving experience, to try and display it in this fashion is just like saying "my dad is bigger than your dad", which, although may be technically correct, it does not mean squat if your fathers a pussy!

James
+1. All depends how you define the word ‘best’.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

jesim1 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:33 am This is total rubbish, by trying to "normalise" the information you are taking away the things that make it a great engine in the first place!

Power curves and torque figures make up a big part of the driving experience, to try and display it in this fashion is just like saying

”my dad is bigger than your dad",

which, although may be technically correct, it does not mean squat if your fathers a pussy!

James
True, my Grandkids say their Dads car, a Focus is better than my Macan.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
John_M

Post by John_M »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:53 am True, my Grandkids say their Dads car, a Focus is better than my Macan.
My manager, from more years ago than I'd admit to, regaled us with a tale where a kid thought his car better than their mums Porsche (or may have been BMW), he wasn't so convinced as his car had been a 2CV, so I guess less bumpy ride