Yet more JLR woes

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Triple7 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:09 pm The Ford developed products were the last of the good stuff in both Jag and LR. The TATA stuff is tat by comparison.
Well I can't say I was impressed with the X-Type (had a couple of them as company cars at the time) but the RR of that era was quite nice. Test drove a Disco Sport last year and thought it was okay as a practical family SUV, but not very exciting and a bit expensive for what it offers. Didn't like the F-Pace much either. I guess I'm not really a JLR fan, but the iPace is at least interesting and more forward thinking than you would expect from the brand.

Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

X-Type was a Mondeo dressed up as a Jaguar. That was Jags first attept at increasing production numbers. Fail! Had no diesel option for years.....
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Triple7 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:41 pm X-Type was a Mondeo dressed up as a Jaguar. That was Jags first attept at increasing production numbers. Fail! Had no diesel option for years.....
True

Even then the diesels came was too small too late with the 2.2 and then the 2.0.

The 3.0 litre engine I had and the trim level was really one of the major failings of Jaguars mindset, competing like for like with BMW, with each variant competing against the equivalent Beamer and failing.

The autobox was an issue it was at least on gear short, the same engine in an XF was far more responsive and gave a better drive.

As a car it rode well, handled very well, was quiet, very comfy and reasonably economical and the 4WD Jag went places in snow and ice that Beamers, Mercs and Audis did not or rather could not.

It may have been based on a Mondeo platform but it was certainly put together better and had superior quality of materials than XE, XF and F Pace cars I have seen and driven.

Such is Jag at present which is a real shame, I wish they would get their act together properly.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Triple7 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:41 pm X-Type was a Mondeo dressed up as a Jaguar.
To look at them, sit in them, or drive them you would never guess! I actually swapped my second X-Type (3.0 Sport) for a Mondeo 2.0 diesel and actually much preferred the Mondeo overall. More contemporary styling and interior. Actually it was a really good family car for the time. The X-Type just felt like an old man's car and seeing the odd one around today shows how seriously dated they were. The 6-cyl motor wasn't particularly impressive either and certainly no match for the BMW 330Ci we also had at the same time.
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

Agree to all.

C’mon Jaguar...
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!