The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Nosmo wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:24 pm
Peteski wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:13 pm
SAC1 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:21 am

We went skiing there in June

"Summer Glacier Skiing & Snowboarding in Whistler
Horstman Glacier on Blackcomb Mountain is open for sun-filled days of skiing and snowboarding
Incredible summer conditions with soft snow and blue skies - sunscreen is a must!
"

https://www.whistler.com/activities/summer-skiing/
Actually prefer the quieter interior BC ski resorts, but it's all good out there.
Ever been to Big White or Silverstar? Champagne powder and very quiet off peak b season.
Now you're talking!
We've actually got a condo in Big White and try to spend as much of the winter there as possible! Best inbounds powder I've experienced and usually no queues at all. Amazing place for the kids to learn too. Last 2 seasons have been epic for quality snow, even late season. Here's the view out of our condo:-

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

Paul

Post by Paul »

...not envious at all........!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Peteski - what's the condo called? I've been to BW to enjoy some champagne powder and most places seem ski in - ski out. Very pretty place.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Nosmo wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:35 pm Peteski - what's the condo called? I've been to BW to enjoy some champagne powder and most places seem ski in - ski out. Very pretty place.
Nirvana? :D
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Nosmo wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:35 pm Peteski - what's the condo called? I've been to BW to enjoy some champagne powder and most places seem ski in - ski out. Very pretty place.
Our building is The Timbers, right opposite the base of the village gondola and Happy Valley Day Lodge. We'll be there through March-April and probably over the Christmas hols too.

You're right about most places in Big White being ski-in/out and our place is exceptional for that. I can clip in at the door and never take my skis off again except for the gondola ride and coffee!

Do drop me a line if you ever plan to go back. We've skied there for many hundreds of days over the last 12 years and the novelty doesn't wear off. I'm still finding new hidden runs all over the mountain. It's one of those rare places with almost limitless safe inbounds off-piste. Snow quality is top notch too without all the usual freeze/thaw cycles you get in many places. Only very late season has any risk of that.

The Timbers.jpg

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Peteski wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:46 am
Our building is The Timbers, right opposite the base of the village gondola and Happy Valley Day Lodge. We'll be there through March-April and probably over the Christmas hols too.

You're right about most places in Big White being ski-in/out and our place is exceptional for that. I can clip in at the door and never take my skis off again except for the gondola ride and coffee!

Do drop me a line if you ever plan to go back. We've skied there for many hundreds of days over the last 12 years and the novelty doesn't wear off. I'm still finding new hidden runs all over the mountain. It's one of those rare places with almost limitless safe inbounds off-piste. Snow quality is top notch too without all the usual freeze/thaw cycles you get in many places. Only very late season has any risk of that.

The Timbers.jpg
I've pinged you a pm
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Take a ride to Carmel, beautiful little town, Clint Eastwood was there a mayor 30 years ago, great pit-stop en route through the SoCal.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

If you like sea swimming do bear in mind that Santa Barbara and south is fine. But from Hearst Castle and north it's freezing! even in high summer. 8-)

Shame as there are some great beaches at Carmel, Monteray, San Fransisco etc. You need a wet suit for those. :o
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver