11th November 1918 - 11th November 2018

The place to discuss everything else..
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."
+ 1

Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

We shall never forget how privileged we are to live in a free war area...
Macan GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHWGUL86
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I went today to the Remembrance Sunday at The Tank Museum in Bovington.
I was a very special Sunday Mass, with veterans, their families and servicemen. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the service.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
RAA

Post by RAA »

A very special day. Was up at 2.45 am to make sure I was ready to play on the pipes, the tune "When the Battle's O'er" at 6am (when the Armistice was signed a hundred years ago) in Caterham Valley in Surrey. Then played at London's Shepherds Bush Green for the parade and service for Remembrance Day.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Good Man!
RAA wrote:A very special day. Was up at 2.45 am to make sure I was ready to play on the pipes, the tune "When the Battle's O'er" at 6am (when the Armistice was signed a hundred years ago) in Caterham Valley in Surrey. Then played at London's Shepherds Bush Green for the parade and service for Remembrance Day.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
happy days

Post by happy days »

I was involved with a project with our local Church of Ireland (not my church). I'm secretary of a Men's Shed and we were approached by the Church and asked to help out with a commemoration event.

We made 22 perspex silhouette 'Tommies' to represent the men from the village and area who fell. They were mounted in wooden plinths and were lit up from underneath with LED lights - when these were placed in the dark, they truly looked like ghosts. They have been on display over the last two weeks and were featured on BBC NI news. It really was a very moving and poignant project to be involved with. Pictures don't do them justice.
Macan S D
718 S
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

RAA wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:01 am A very special day. Was up at 2.45 am to make sure I was ready to play on the pipes, the tune "When the Battle's O'er" at 6am (when the Armistice was signed a hundred years ago) in Caterham Valley in Surrey. Then played at London's Shepherds Bush Green for the parade and service for Remembrance Day.
Bravo.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

happy days wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:33 pm I was involved with a project with our local Church of Ireland (not my church). I'm secretary of a Men's Shed and we were approached by the Church and asked to help out with a commemoration event.

We made 22 perspex silhouette 'Tommies' to represent the men from the village and area who fell. They were mounted in wooden plinths and were lit up from underneath with LED lights - when these were placed in the dark, they truly looked like ghosts. They have been on display over the last two weeks and were featured on BBC NI news. It really was a very moving and poignant project to be involved with. Pictures don't do them justice.
Do you have any pictures to share? Would like to see...(great idea)
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

+1. Sounds like an awesome project, happy days. Would love to see some photos. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
happy days

Post by happy days »

8D25BC86-468C-43BE-83CA-0A8C5BAA2CD8.jpeg

Macan S D
718 S