11th November 1918 - 11th November 2018

The place to discuss everything else..
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wonderful and poignant from everyone involved.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

RAA

Post by RAA »

I was a piper (aged 16 - 20) in the Royal Army Medical Corps (Territorial Army) back in the 1960's. For the hundredth anniversary of the Armistice, we pipers around the world were asked to play the tune "When the Battle's O'er" at 6am (the time when the Armistice was signed) at our local church or war memorial. I was up early at 0245, ready to play at Caterham Valley in Surrey: two colleagues played at Caterham Village (the old Barracks) and at nearby Chaldon.

I then drove to Shepherds Bush Green in London, ready to lead the Remembrance Day Parade (Paras, Army Cadets, Police Cadets, St. Johns Ambulance Cadets, Cubs and Scouts etc.) and play during the laying of wreaths during the Service.

Later in the evening, all around Britain buglers sounded "The Last Post" at1855, and Beacons were lit at 1900.

Sorry - just realised I'd already posted about some of this. Memory not what it was - put it down to old age !