Another day, another Cayenne recall

The place to discuss everything else..
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Peteski wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:31 am
smithy37 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:53 pm They’re collecting the car tomorrow from my work & returning once done. I’ve not asked for a loaner as it would push the appointment back. It should only be a quick fix. :lol:
Why don't they just post you a new towing eye with the correct thread?
Not all the cars were issued with the wrong part. I guess as part of the recall procedure they check first. I could have checked for them but there was also a tracker recall to look at too. I initially activated the tracker but as it didn’t work I cancelled my subscription and got my money back. If this wasn’t completed I guess it would have shown as outstanding.
All done now, car back after a wash.

Until
The next time....
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

smithy37 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:21 am
Peteski wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:31 am
smithy37 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:53 pm They’re collecting the car tomorrow from my work & returning once done. I’ve not asked for a loaner as it would push the appointment back. It should only be a quick fix. :lol:
Why don't they just post you a new towing eye with the correct thread?
Not all the cars were issued with the wrong part. I guess as part of the recall procedure they check first.
Still could have simply posted you the correct part and asked that you dropped off the old one next time you were passing by. But if there was other work to attend to then fair enough.