Its hell out there

The place to discuss everything else..
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Spud wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:45 pm Roads do get worse but I,ve had two good trips this week, Sunday from Cornwall to Nottingham (4 hours) then yesterday to Blackburn (M1, M62), the one thing on the way back speed limit signs at 60mph due to air quality, not seen that before
Be warned Motorways in Yorkshire seem to have wall to wall average speed cameras.

Its a Yorkshire thing, to combat tharse folks who pass through our great County n not stop n spend thar brass that we wan ta nab.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

GMAN75 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:42 pm £6 is cheap for a toll.

Try driving across Sydney a couple of times a day!

:lol:
But that involves us flying to Oz :D

Theres reason its Down Under
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Totally agree with all of the above

I try and time my travelling to either very early in the morning or late at night

I did collect my Cayman from Cumbria a few Saturdays ago and set off home to Leicestershire at 3.30pm expecting a nightmare, apart from the many many miles of roadworks had a totally clear journey in the sunshine in the new car. Totally surprising and unexpected but is an exception these days rather than the norm.

I could never go back to a daily commute again
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Paul

Post by Paul »

+1
There’s alot to be said for “retirement”....we stay at home at the weekend, never venture out during school hols, and most of my long runs to take my youngest Karting are at silly o’clock with little or no traffic👍

(Although, I confess to having coming back around the M25 from Folkestone / Maidenhead fairly regularly at the “wrong” time with only mininal hold-ups)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

If you had still got your SD Col, the saved fuel cost would have paid for you to go back on the M6 toll... and I doubt your Turbo got you there any quicker ;) :lol:
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Ian.g wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:05 pm If you had still got your SD Col, the saved fuel cost would have paid for you to go back on the M6 toll... and I doubt your Turbo got you there any quicker ;) :lol:
Go back to an oil burner, wash your mouth out :roll:

Best thing I did was swapping to the Turbo, its engine delivery is soooo much better.

:twisted:
Col
Macan Turbo
Paul

Post by Paul »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:39 pm
Ian.g wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:05 pm If you had still got your SD Col, the saved fuel cost would have paid for you to go back on the M6 toll... and I doubt your Turbo got you there any quicker ;) :lol:

Best thing I did was swapping to the Turbo, its engine delivery is soooo much better.

I bet the Turbo does 50 mph so much better than the SD did 50 mph....😂😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Paul wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:44 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:39 pm

I bet the Turbo does 50 mph so much better than the SD did 50 mph....😂😂
I don't think he got over 20mph did he? The power delivery in a traffic jam is just awesome in the Turbo :lol:
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I don't have adaptive cc but since I drive an SD, I would be able to afford the toll and so not need the ACC since the road is empty :D
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Spud wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:45 pm speed limit signs at 60mph due to air quality
So would I be allowed to ignore that in my Tesla?