Porsche 992. Starting to lust...

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

antsjey wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:03 pm But the OCP promised me that carbon fibre trim and red dials knocks at least 0.5 seconds off the 0 - 60 time :lol: :lol:
I think the red highlights look great to break up the monotone blackness of the interior, which has always been an issue with Porsche black interiors unless you get into the options list. Just Porsche taking the piss charging you extra for it. I see black paint on the tailpipes is a lot of money too!

I don't think I'd bother with the rear wheel steering, can't see what that's going to bring to the party driving around UK roads. Just something else to potentially fail and probably adds a load of weight too.

VanB

Post by VanB »

Agree re the rear wheel steering. I doubt you would notice in normal use but if you intend tracking it regularly that would be a different matter
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Deleted User 1874

VanB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:26 am Agree re the rear wheel steering. I doubt you would notice in normal use but if you intend tracking it regularly that would be a different matter
Even tracking it I'm not sure what it's going to add to the fun factor? Seems like tech for the sake of tech to me, rather than something this car really needs to make it work properly.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Peteski wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:30 am
VanB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:26 am Agree re the rear wheel steering. I doubt you would notice in normal use but if you intend tracking it regularly that would be a different matter
Even tracking it I'm not sure what it's going to add to the fun factor? Seems like tech for the sake of tech to me, rather than something this car really needs to make it work properly.
I know I only have the 991.2 GTS (rather than a 992) but it does not have RWS and I can't imagine it being any more nimble than it already is. As Autoexpress have described the 992 as sharper in every way I would tend to agree with you.
Deleted User 1874

VanB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:37 am
Peteski wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:30 am
I know I only have the 991.2 GTS (rather than a 992) but it does not have RWS and I can't imagine it being any more nimble than it already is. As Autoexpress have described the 992 as sharper in every way I would tend to agree with you.
I think a clue is that it's an optional extra and not something they thought was important enough to make a standard feature.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ You guys are making me feel better about not having specced rear-axle steering on my Carrera T! :)

Lots of folks on Rennlist say it's a must-have option, but what do they know?! Many also swear by bucket seats & PCCBs! :roll:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

antsjey wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:06 pm Jokes aside, I nearly got a 991.2 C4 GTS and that was 120k so the way I look at it this is basically a similar car with options not as heavily subsidised as a GTS model so I'm basically paying for a lot of the options. There's a few I could have got rid of, but then I thought what's an extra £100 or so a month all things considered....It's my first 911 and I'm so excited that I'm alive and well to enjoy it, so I'm going to! 8-)
Brilliant attitude! :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

antsjey wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:47 pm Hi all, I've just locked down my spec today and expecting one of the first 5 cars from my OPC built in March.
I don't expect to do as well financially as with my Macan PP but hey you live once and I think the car will be good news for at least 2 years. Early reviews are very exciting and I'm soo excited to get my first 911!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLUN9VH6
Yeah I know, a lot options haha
Lovely spec. 😍

If this is to be your dream car and you can afford it, then don’t let your head rule your heart when it comes to options. You’ll only regret it.

Remember our motto:
This forum will seriously damage your wealth.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
VanB

Post by VanB »

smithy37 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:03 pm
antsjey wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:47 pm Hi all, I've just locked down my spec today and expecting one of the first 5 cars from my OPC built in March.
I don't expect to do as well financially as with my Macan PP but hey you live once and I think the car will be good news for at least 2 years. Early reviews are very exciting and I'm soo excited to get my first 911!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLUN9VH6
Yeah I know, a lot options haha
Lovely spec. 😍

If this is to be your dream car and you can afford it, then don’t let your head rule your heart when it comes to options. You’ll only regret it.

Remember our motto:
This forum will seriously damage your wealth.
LFMAO but very true
VanB

Post by VanB »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:42 pm ^^^ You guys are making me feel better about not having specced rear-axle steering on my Carrera T! :)

Lots of folks on Rennlist say it's a must-have option, but what do they know?! Many also swear by bucket seats & PCCBs! :roll:
You toyed with RWS and PCCBs but ultimately made the sensible decision. Despite what people might tell you PCCBs have no more stopping power than regular brakes, they are fade free (useful for a track) and dust free (useful for everyone).

Do you think you missed out by not optioning RWS or is your 911T sharp as a razor?

I'm pretty confident what you will answer and you saved the best part of £10k