Suzuki Jimny

The place to discuss everything else..
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Caster wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:51 pm I was checking out the new Cupra Ateca today Arif and they'd just got this new white Jimmy "top of the range" demo in adjacent dealership. Looks interesting but driving??

Sales guy concurred with what you said about only 600 to come to UK in next 6 months + thought they already had 4000 deposits or interests recorded - so hopefully production gets beefed up or it'll be a long wait for one!
Jimmy.jpg
Nice styling for the Jimny but looks like it would tip over at the first roundabout!!

MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

MCDK wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:28 am
MacanArif wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:43 pm
MCDK wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:40 am What is your wife driving at the moment Arif?

A Golf GTI makes a fantastic wife’s car!!
Thanks MCDK, she's got a Golf R estate at the moment - yes fast Golf's are fantastic. Her last three cars have been Golf R estate, BMW i3, and Golf R hatch. Thought she might like a change but alas will have to look elsewhere.

Arif
Yes hard to get better than a Golf in that size of car and my wife has had Golfs for a few years now, maybe looking a change next time but not sure what.

If your wife is wanting a 4x4 style Arif what about a Jag E Pace, nice and compact and look pretty good. Some decent lease deals appear on them occasionally.
Thanks - yes the E-Pace does look good but I'm always pretty wary about JLR reliability. There was in fact a really amazing lease deal on the I-Pace a couple of months back- If I remember rightly it worked out at about £550 per month over 18 months and then just hand it back - if that comes up again might give that a go.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S