Suzuki Jimny

The place to discuss everything else..
brains1900

Post by brains1900 »

Looks great in blue. Very tempted to swap the s-cross for one of these.

MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Thanks for the comments chaps - thanks for sharing that photo Ferdie - does look good in blue. I'm thinking the blue or the yellowy green at the moment but will largely depend on what stock they get.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

I can imagine the not so big substance delivery agencies attaching deep-dish wheels and a ladder-frame shaking sound system to a tinted window version. You know, for the mean streets of Tamworth.

Gotta say - it looks pretty good with all the bells and whistles added.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

wizzzard wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:58 pm I can imagine the not so big substance delivery agencies attaching deep-dish wheels and a ladder-frame shaking sound system to a tinted window version. You know, for the mean streets of Tamworth.

Gotta say - it looks pretty good with all the bells and whistles added.

I tested the old version with slightly deeper wheels and the steering became hopeless.

Any increase in scrub radius can mess up handling. On mine we kept the same rims but put the widest allowable tyres on.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Guy

Post by Guy »

We just test drove one of these this morning and put our names down for an SZ4. We've given our aging VW Golf to our son hence want something cheap and cheerful to replace it.

Having watched all the reviews I was surprised how well it drove on the road - great visibility and perfectly adequate for around town and occasional longer journeys. They're definitely going to be in demand, and supply is limited. Our dealer said that she'll only get 3 or 4 per quarter and has no say about the colour or spec! We're about 5th on her list but no-one above wants the lower spec model, so we could be lucky and have one by April.

We were in the market for a Dacia Duster but are getting fed up of waiting for the new petrol engines to be released. The Duster has a similar 'back to basics' mentality but is probably too large for our second-car needs.

Anyway, many thanks for the 'heads up' Arif! Now do they have a forum …? :)
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Guy wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:32 pm We just test drove one of these this morning and put our names down for an SZ4. We've given our aging VW Golf to our son hence want something cheap and cheerful to replace it.

Having watched all the reviews I was surprised how well it drove on the road - great visibility and perfectly adequate for around town and occasional longer journeys. They're definitely going to be in demand, and supply is limited. Our dealer said that she'll only get 3 or 4 per quarter and has no say about the colour or spec! We're about 5th on her list but no-one above wants the lower spec model, so we could be lucky and have one by April.

We were in the market for a Dacia Duster but are getting fed up of waiting for the new petrol engines to be released. The Duster has a similar 'back to basics' mentality but is probably too large for our second-car needs.

Anyway, many thanks for the 'heads up' Arif! Now do they have a forum …? :)
:lol: must be a forum
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Whatever you do Arif, if you go yellow avoid a convertable version.

1FFC864B-2272-41D8-9446-A317F61F58FF.jpeg

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

warrants another picture....... :D

P1080047.JPG

991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Ok boys and girls the latest on my Jimny foray!

I test drove the Jimny SZ5 manual today - nice little car and looks good, however, the one I test drove was in white and not so thrilled about that colour. Back to basics true off roader is the best way of describing the car.

The things I struggled with was at 70mph I was doing over 3500 revs in 5th gear so quite noisy, ladder frame suspension better for off roading less good on road, lack of steering response and lack of a boot.

Alas these were all too much of a compromise for the missus, so deposit returned and back to the drawing board. I was still tempted to have it but as it's the wife thats going to drive it...

I'm glad you liked it Guy I think it's got bags of appeal - I think it's already got a years waiting list.

Arif
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Good call Arif, esp as just seen this slightly worrying report in Autocar this morning :shock:

Suzuki Jimny stability control 'phantom skid' problem uncovered
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... -uncovered
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17