The place to discuss everything else..
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

These "clarification" style announcements show that until the infrastructure is built for EV motoring, car manufacturers are right to hedge themselves. Even Volvo clarified its "all EV" lineup.
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

So the death of diesel has been vastly over reported?

I'm seeing a 10 yr old SD being worth a fortune in the 2nd hand, ship to Africa markets!

:lol:
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

nsm3 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 am So the death of diesel has been vastly over reported?

I'm seeing a 10 yr old SD being worth a fortune in the 2nd hand, ship to Africa markets!

Or for anyone who does not have access to home or office BEV charging :idea:
and wants to guarantee to get to where they want to go on time. :D
Steve

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:33 am
nsm3 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 am So the death of diesel has been vastly over reported?

BUT

By 2040 it may very well be the case that to fill up a tank with that nasty polluting, child killing diesel will cost so much cash that a second mortage may well be required. ;)
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:28 pm
BUT

By 2040 it may very well be the case that to fill up a tank with that nasty polluting, child killing diesel will cost so much cash that a second mortage may well be required. ;)
AND you think that electricity by 2040 will stay as cheap as it is now, if the lights aren't already off :o Mortgage - you'll need direct access to the Bank of England's vaults.

So good to know that there will be no pollution from electricity production. Not to mention the billions it will cost to replace the worlds' billions of ICE vehicles. No pollution in that accelerated vehicle production cycle either then. :oops:

Just hope children don't end up getting electrocuted from all those trailing power cables from cars to supply poles on streets and in car parks. They'll be having so much "fun" unplugging them for a mate's dare. :twisted:

Can't wait to see that electric Caterpillar earthmoving machine too :?: that no longer needs diesel to power it.

Here's to the development of non-polluting synthetic petrol and diesel. This will enable people to continue to have the freedom of the world's road without cables or even charging pads. :D
Steve

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:33 am

BUT

In that case goods shipped by lorry are going to get mightily expensive.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

You would wonder whither transporting your children or yourself for that matter around in close proximity to massif electrical field is any less damaging than living below a high tension pylon :shock:
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I expect by 2040 public demand for diesels will be totally non-existent, at least in the first world countries. I also fully expect our climate to be out of control by that point too, judging by the futility of climate change legislation to date. It's all way too slow moving and politically challenging. The following generations are going to have a hard time making up for the mess created over the last few decades of abuse.

But putting all the doom and gloom aside, I'm currently enjoying electric cars a lot more than any diesel car I've ever owned and I certainly won't be buying any future VW ICE cars, which are going to look increasingly archaic as EV progress continues.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 pm
BUT

AND you think that electricity by 2040 will stay as cheap as it is now, if the lights aren't already off :o Mortgage - you'll need direct access to the Bank of England's vaults.

So good to know that there will be no pollution from electricity production. Not to mention the billions it will cost to replace the worlds' billions of ICE vehicles. No pollution in that accelerated vehicle production cycle either then. :oops:

Just hope children don't end up getting electrocuted from all those trailing power cables from cars to supply poles on streets and in car parks. They'll be having so much "fun" unplugging them for a mate's dare. :twisted:

Can't wait to see that electric Caterpillar earthmoving machine too :?: that no longer needs diesel to power it.

Here's to the development of non-polluting synthetic petrol and diesel. This will enable people to continue to have the freedom of the world's road without cables or even charging pads. :D
Getting a bit upset are we!

Like it or not ICE for cars will become a thing of the past, it has to be as we simply cannot continue to pollute or Cities the way are currently.

I am no Chemist but non-polluting chemical fuel does not seem to be much of a possibility, the nearest we have is the Fuel Cell vehicles like Honda’s but as that runs on Hydrogen which is inefficient in its production.

Why do we need to have a two tonne vehicle to transport a single person a few miles to work and back?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags