Enough is enough. Cayenne to go back

The place to discuss everything else..
Paul

Post by Paul »

Document your decision with a polite but firm letter (letter in writing by recorded delivery, no tweety / facebookey nonesense) , detailling ALL past failure dates, “fixes” , failure to fix...etc etc. Copy customer services....
If you reject the car, you possibly won’t get a loan car but keep any hire car receipts....
You “should” be OK and I would expect the dealership (via Porsche) to offer a “swap” at full purchase price against full asking price of your chosen 991.2. They will have a good margin in the 911, it will be interest-bearing stock so they will be keen to churn it over, and Porsche will help to prop up the residual on the Cayenne.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

smithy37 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:41 pm
I’m off to New York on Boxing Day until the new year, then I have a hip operation on the 16th & advised I shouldn’t drive for a while after. OPC is aware of this so I’m told it shoukd all be sorted before then.

Thinking about my options if I’m offered derogatory money. I think I’ll give them the car back, ask for a decent loaner & tell them not to return until all the issues are resolved. I can’t see them fixing it any time soon, so perhaps becoming awkward may help?

All ifs, buts & maybes at present though.
Your health is more important than the car so I hope you enjoy New Year in New York and that your operation and recovery both go well.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

After chasing like crazy, I finally got a call from my OPC today. This is the deal I have been offered:

Trade in offer is £100,000 for my car (price I paid £119,000/£120,000 9 months ago). Porsche GB goodwill contribution £6,000. All this is based on me taking a brand new £126,000 Targa 4 GTS. Effectively I am paying list for the new car and they are expecting me to take the £13,000/£14,000 depreciation and they will absorb £6,000. Or they have discounted the Targa by £6,000 and I am taking the full depreciation hit. Depends how sceptical you want to be?

You might be unsurprised to hear I have declined this offer and told them I find this derogatory.

The ball is back in their court. Personally, I think we are poles apart and we are never going to bridge the gap between what I believe I should get and what they are offering.

I think realistically speaking my only option is to book the car back into their service department and tell them not to give me it back until it is 100% fixed. I know they will struggle to fix the issues if past experience is anything to go by. I guess I just have to get awkward with them. Which is something I hoped it wouldnt come too. They know how belligerent I can be, going on the homelink debacle, so I will be surprised if I will remain on the service departments Christmas card list.

I am thoroughly dissapointed and underwhelmed with all of this.

Thoughts and comments more then welcome.

Thanks.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Paul

Post by Paul »

Rubbish that you had to do the chasing but at least you now have their starting position.
You are £13K apart.
I would go back to them (DP level) and point out that you could (should) have rejected the car for a full refund in the first 6 months but that you were prepared to give them and the car the benefit of the doubt.
Porsche goodwill contribution seems a bit light (not quite 5% of original list) and you are also taking a stock vehicle at full money so there will certainly be scope for more horse-trading if that’s what you really want?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

smithy37 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:10 pm After chasing like crazy, I finally got a call from my OPC today. This is the deal I have been offered:

Trade in offer is £100,000 for my car (price I paid £119,000/£120,000 9 months ago). Porsche GB goodwill contribution £6,000. All this is based on me taking a brand new £126,000 Targa 4 GTS. Effectively I am paying list for the new car and they are expecting me to take the £13,000/£14,000 depreciation and they will absorb £6,000. Or they have discounted the Targa by £6,000 and I am taking the full depreciation hit. Depends how sceptical you want to be?

You might be unsurprised to hear I have declined this offer and told them I find this derogatory.

The ball is back in their court. Personally, I think we are poles apart and we are never going to bridge the gap between what I believe I should get and what they are offering.

I think realistically speaking my only option is to book the car back into their service department and tell them not to give me it back until it is 100% fixed. I know they will struggle to fix the issues if past experience is anything to go by. I guess I just have to get awkward with them. Which is something I hoped it wouldnt come too. They know how belligerent I can be, going on the homelink debacle, so I will be surprised if I will remain on the service departments Christmas card list.

Thanks.
I guess what it boils down to is what your expectations are and would they do that. It sounds as though they're willing to do something to resolve the situation but what's been offered falls short so maybe you need to just be clear on what you would be happy with and see what happens. If you've already made that clear and that has been rejected by them then maybe you should consider informing them in writing that you are rejecting the car due to their inability to rectify the faults.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Miopyk wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:38 pm
smithy37 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:10 pm After chasing like crazy, I finally got a call from my OPC today. This is the deal I have been offered:

Thanks.
I guess what it boils down to is what your expectations are and would they do that. It sounds as though they're willing to do something to resolve the situation but what's been offered falls short so maybe you need to just be clear on what you would be happy with and see what happens. If you've already made that clear and that has been rejected by them then maybe you should consider informing them in writing that you are rejecting the car due to their inability to rectify the faults.
If I’d had none of the problems I would be out there enjoying the car. As it stands I am starting to hate it. I’m not at the point where I want to bray it with a tree branch, but that’s not far off!
If I honestly thought they could fix the car then I would have had it back into the service department. My past experience with the service department and indeed Porsche’s inability to fix the issues, not to mention my SA’s confessions of similar issues with other customers, leads me to my lack of faith. The final straw was when my wife drove it & it bonged constantly with error message after error message.

I have a friend who works for another Porsche dealer so I’ve asked him on his opinion on the Targa price. It can’t help to get an idea of margins, even if the dealers margin will vary from one to another.

Way I see it is I’ve been fair & patient. The car is a lemon in my eyes. I had a hanckering for a 992 but not until the depreciation curve on my current car was shallowing out. Being offered a 991.2 is a compromise but one I am willing to take if we can get to an agreeable position. My fear, as mentioned before, is we are poles apart. Then I’m left with limited options.

I like the earlier comment that I could & maybe should have handed the car back within the first six months, but I genuinely didn’t want to at that time. What that will do to sway the OPC & indeed the DP remains to be seen.
I want out of the car, so I am definitely open to negotiation.

The fight will drag on until tomorrow, I’m sure.
Taycan Turbo S

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Can you sell it to another dealer as with being a new model it should be in demand. Then you are free to go wherever you want for a 911 or make an offer to your current dealer to purchase one on your terms rather than theirs.
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

MCDK wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:21 pm Can you sell it to another dealer as with being a new model it should be in demand. Then you are free to go wherever you want for a 911 or make an offer to your current dealer to purchase one on your terms rather than theirs.
I spoke to the centre principal today & he’s been pretty encouraging. Agrees with all of the points I’ve raised & agreed Porsche GB contribution was less than even he expected. We’ve been negotiating hard today & im hoping for a breakthrough tomorrow. He has moved positively on the new car purchase price.

Interestingly their “fix” to my current car, should it get that far, is to replace the whole PCM. I questioned the labour cost, not withstanding the hardware cost & said he’d be better off just improving the buy back offer as this would surely be cheaper. He said he didn’t care about the cost as it would be warranty work. Regardless of who is picking up the tab, this smacks of cutting your nose off to spite your face. Plus, I’d be majorly unimpressed if they took the dash out. Imagine all the squeaks & groans.
I really don’t see the PCM replacement curing the diff failure warning messages, but what do I know.

Hopefully it won’t come to that.
Taycan Turbo S

Paul

Post by Paul »

Positive news that the DP appears to be on your side.
Fingers crossed we’ll see you in a Targa soon at minimal cost to yourself!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Pleased to announce I finally have this resolved.

Big thanks for all of the advice offered. It really helped me take stock of where I stood and what others would do in my position.

Effectively I have swapped into a brand new 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS and no money has changed hands. The new car is in my signature.
Was going for a beautiful crayon targa but after driving that and a coupe back to back and having both cars stood next to each other I chose the coupe. Hope I don’t live to regret not being bolder and going for the Targa.

I’ve uploaded some pretty low res snaps. More to follow next week when I hopefully collect her.

5ADE6932-2E9A-4F01-85C5-650FB1D8E881.jpeg

491093F1-D11C-4747-B7D3-6E4455ED18FC.jpeg

Taycan Turbo S