Enough is enough. Cayenne to go back

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

On-Track wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:31 am
Unfortunately the "extras" like Gap Insurance are not likely to be covered under the SoG Act but you might get something from the dealer as "compensation". Given how much you paid for your car, none of the alternatives you are looking at match getting your original purchase price back.
I think just getting the full purchase price back after 9 months of use would more than compensate for the loss of a few hundred quid on Gap insurance. I'd take it and run anyway if offered that deal! The depreciation alone would be many thousands and I would expect the dealership will try to claw some of that loss back in any deal they offer you. I'd expect offering to buy the car back with some deduction for usage will be their starting point. It probably helps that you want to get into another Porsche rather than walk away, so hopefully they can make a sensible trade into your preferred 911.

When they play the depreciation card, you can counter by saying that you would never have considered trading the car so early because of the first year hit in depreciation and you are only doing it because of the faults. Then it comes down to reaching a sensible compromise on the value of your 9 months usage or standing your ground and being prepared to take legal action. But they won't want that hassle either if it can be avoided, especially if they want to keep you as a customer.

smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Appreciate all the great advice guys, thanks.

As it stands I’ve been offered one of three 991.2’s. One a Carrera 4 GTS and the other two Carrera 4 Targa GTS’s. I really like the look of the Targa and would be happy with 4 wheel drive. Of those two one is silver & one is Crayon. I know Crayon is a marmite colour but I really like it so that is the one I have told the dealer to base his deal on. I am assuming these cars are brand new, but may be pre-registered.

The finance director has just telephoned me to tell me he is expecting Porsche UK to come back with the offer today, so by tomorrow I should know what is on offer.

I’ll keep you all informed.
Last edited by smithy37 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Paul

Post by Paul »

👍👍
I suspect the GTS’s are pre-reg or low mileage “demos”
Providing you get back close to what you paid forthe Cayenne then it sounds as if you are being looked after.
Without getting into the who’s and how’s of it, you could have rejected the car during the first 6 months and they will know that
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Spud

Post by Spud »

As original members know I had problems with my first Macan in 2014/5, the dealership in Nottingham refunded me every penny, great marketing as I’m on No4, I would personally go for a GTS as I feel they are the “sweet spot” of Porsche models with probably the best residuals
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

smithy37 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:44 pm Appreciate all the great advice guys, thanks.

As it stands I’ve been offered one of three 991.2’s. One a Carrera 4 GTS and the other two Carrera 4 Targa GTS’s. I really like the look of the Targa and would be happy with 4 wheel drive. Of those two one is silver & one is Crayon. I know Crayon is a marmite colour but I really like it so that is the one I have told the dealer to base his deal on. I am assuming these cars are brand new, but may be pre-registered.

The finance director has just telephoned me to tell me he is expecting Porsche UK to come back with the offer today, so by tomorrow I should know what is on offer.
Sounds promising, hopefully! We look forward to updates...

9CE36F59-9954-4F50-89EB-8EEB64153ABA.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

[/quote]
Unfortunately the "extras" like Gap Insurance are not likely to be covered under the SoG Act but you might get something from the dealer as "compensation". Given how much you paid for your car, none of the alternatives you are looking at match getting your original purchase price back.
[/quote]
If op had GAP from ALA, should be offered a refund on the unused period of cover, or the option to carry the policy on, perhaps with a premium adjustment, to a new vehicle. I would like to think most GAP insurers will be similar.
Last edited by Bigboyrolo on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Spud

Post by Spud »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:41 pm
smithy37 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:44 pm Appreciate all the great advice guys, thanks.

Sounds promising, hopefully! We look forward to updates...
Love the colour 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
Spud

Post by Spud »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:09 pm
[/quote]
If op had GAP from ALA, should be offered a refund on the unused period of cover, or the option to can carry the policy on, perhaps with a premium adjustment, to a new vehicle. I would like to think most GAP insurers will be similar.
[/quote]

Might be missing the point, I had GAP and wheel & Tyre Insurance and was able to transfer to new vehicle
GTS Delivered April 2018
steve w

Post by steve w »

Smithy37
Hope you get the deal from PORSCHE that you deserve,when spending that sort of money both PORSCHE and your OPC should ensure your complete satisfaction and if not do everything to put thing right,I’m sure it’ll work out ok for you,because the vehicle has been used for 9 months I envisage that they will expect you to pay for that usage in some way but I’d argue if need be with them to keep this to a minimum,IMO you’ve probably just been unlucky with the Cayenne as I would have believed the latest tec will have been tried and tested by PORSCHE over many thousands of miles ,are the 911s you’ve been offered at Leeds(JCT600) ,I was up there last week and they had a couple of GTS in GT Silver one a 4 and the other a 2 wheel drive,i purchased a 991.2 C4S from them in May this year and it’s brilliant but I’ve also got a £5k deposit down on a 992 CS,that’s got me on the waiting list,I’ll wait until I’ve seen one in the flesh , driven one and see what the deal is should we go ahead with it before making a final decision,Sheffield OPC haven’t any allocated numbers yet but the SA thought it would be around Oct/Nov before they could offer me a build slot ,if there is a glitches with the Tec I’m sure PORSCHE will soon sort that out,presently the 911 991.2C4S is in hibernation with its cover on in the garage but it’ll come out on dry fine days,I believe the 992 demos will be available to see and test drive come end January/beginning February so before you makes decision might be worth waiting until then.
Hope it works out .
SteveW
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Spud wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:50 pm
Bigboyrolo wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:09 pm
If op had GAP from ALA, should be offered a refund on the unused period of cover, or the option to can carry the policy on, perhaps with a premium adjustment, to a new vehicle. I would like to think most GAP insurers will be similar.
[/quote]

Might be missing the point, I had GAP and wheel & Tyre Insurance and was able to transfer to new vehicle
[/quote]

I did buy my gap from ALA so that is good to know. It would also be great if I could transfer my wheel & tyre insurance also. I appreciate this is a drop in the ocean compared to the depreciation hit I am looking at, but as others have pointed out this change of vehicle is nothing to do with a change of circumstances, nor a whim, but a desire to be rid of a vehicle that isn’t reliable. I use the word “reliable” carefully as I appreciate reliable doesn’t always mean not breaking down. Surely I’ve a right to expect the safety sensors to perform reliably and this is quite clearly not the case here.

No news, as yet, so hopefully something tangible tomorrow. Porsche wouldn’t leave me hanging over Christmas....Would they??
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):