Enough is enough. Cayenne to go back

The place to discuss everything else..
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

steve w wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:28 pm Smithy37
Hope you get the deal from PORSCHE that you deserve,when spending that sort of money both PORSCHE and your OPC should ensure your complete satisfaction and if not do everything to put thing right,I’m sure it’ll work out ok for you,because the vehicle has been used for 9 months I envisage that they will expect you to pay for that usage in some way but I’d argue if need be with them to keep this to a minimum,IMO you’ve probably just been unlucky with the Cayenne as I would have believed the latest tec will have been tried and tested by PORSCHE over many thousands of miles ,are the 911s you’ve been offered at Leeds(JCT600) ,I was up there last week and they had a couple of GTS in GT Silver one a 4 and the other a 2 wheel drive,i purchased a 991.2 C4S from them in May this year and it’s brilliant but I’ve also got a £5k deposit down on a 992 CS,that’s got me on the waiting list,I’ll wait until I’ve seen one in the flesh , driven one and see what the deal is should we go ahead with it before making a final decision,Sheffield OPC haven’t any allocated numbers yet but the SA thought it would be around Oct/Nov before they could offer me a build slot ,if there is a glitches with the Tec I’m sure PORSCHE will soon sort that out,presently the 911 991.2C4S is in hibernation with its cover on in the garage but it’ll come out on dry fine days,I believe the 992 demos will be available to see and test drive come end January/beginning February so before you makes decision might be worth waiting until then.
Hope it works out .
SteveW
The 992 impressed me & as I’ve stated in another post, I am smitten. However, the thought of being an early adopter of new technology, in light of my current issues, puts me off. I’m sure the new tech will be fine, but it still weighs heavy on my mind.

The issue I have with taking a dealership 991.2 car, be it new or pre-reg, is someone else has had the confusicator privelege. There are at least two or three options missing from the cars offered that I certainly would have opted for. Then there is the colours. I am compromising whichever way you look at it.

If I feel I am being looked after then I will take that decision. If not I’ll be battering this forum for even more advice.

You guys rock. And I mean that sincerely. Thanks.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):

Paul

Post by Paul »

smithy37 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:30 pm
Spud wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:50 pm
Bigboyrolo wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:09 pm
Unfortunately the "extras" like Gap Insurance are not likely to be covered under the SoG Act but you might get something from the dealer as "compensation". Given how much you paid for your car, none of the alternatives you are looking at match getting your original purchase price back.
If op had GAP from ALA, should be offered a refund on the unused period of cover, or the option to can carry the policy on, perhaps with a premium adjustment, to a new vehicle. I would like to think most GAP insurers will be similar.
Might be missing the point, I had GAP and wheel & Tyre Insurance and was able to transfer to new vehicle
[/quote]

I did buy my gap from ALA so that is good to know. It would also be great if I could transfer my wheel & tyre insurance also. I appreciate this is a drop in the ocean compared to the depreciation hit I am looking at, but as others have pointed out this change of vehicle is nothing to do with a change of circumstances, nor a whim, but a desire to be rid of a vehicle that isn’t reliable. I use the word “reliable” carefully as I appreciate reliable doesn’t always mean not breaking down. Surely I’ve a right to expect the safety sensors to perform reliably and this is quite clearly not the case here.

No news, as yet, so hopefully something tangible tomorrow. Porsche wouldn’t leave me hanging over Christmas....Would they??
[/quote]

I know it’s been covered off above, and is easy to say from a distance, but you really shouldn’t be suffering any depreciation on the price you paid. Possibly some pence per mile usage charge, but a full refund should be your starting (and finishing) point.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
steve w

Post by steve w »

Smithy 37
Understand where you’re coming from regarding the new tec but if we like the new 992 in the flesh and how it performs and I’m sure PORSCHE have sorted any glitches out with the tec equipment then we might go for it,also buying used is another person spec but the 991.2 C4S we purchased is much better specced up than I would have done,I have a copy of the original invoice and it’s around £114k + it’s got a £5k full PPF Applied,wife thinks I’m bonkers even thinking about it.
We’ll see what happens.
SteveW
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Smithy sorry to hear about your woes.

Like Spud, I had a problem with my first Macan Turbo and the dealership just took it back at what I paid and then got me a new one. I've bought 7 cars from Porsche Bolton in total, so it pays to look after customers.

If it was me - I would ask for full refund.

Also a slightly different piece of advice in terms of replacement - can I suggest maybe a 991.1 C4GTS or 991.1 Targa 4GTS - these are the last of the NA 911s and will hold better in the longer term as an investment.

Hope you get resolution either way and hopefully before Christmas.

Arif
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

MacanArif wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:25 am Also a slightly different piece of advice in terms of replacement - can I suggest maybe a 991.1 C4GTS or 991.1 Targa 4GTS - these are the last of the NA 911s and will hold better in the longer term as an investment.
FCA:

"Past performance is no guide to the future. Investments can go down in value. You may get back less than you invested." ;) :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

MacanArif wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:25 am
Also a slightly different piece of advice in terms of replacement - can I suggest maybe a 991.1 C4GTS or 991.1 Targa 4GTS - these are the last of the NA 911s and will hold better in the longer term as an investment.
+1
I was thinking of suggesting that too. I previously owned a 997.2 C4S and had a weekend test of a 991.1 C4GTS when they were first released. The 991.1 C4GTS was great and Porsche had made a considerable effort to make the DFI engine sound more exciting than the slightly subdued version in my 997.2 C4S. It certainly made the car more exciting again, similar to my more track focused Manthey tuned 996 C2 except with a much higher grade cabin! But at the time I decided it wasn't worth the upgrade cost and with 2 growing kids in tow I knew I was coming to the end of 911 ownership for a while, at least as my daily ride!
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Appreciate the advice guys. Still not heard anything.

Only thing I’ve been told today is the 991.2’s I am being offered are brand newies. That suits me a little better than getting used, although I hear what you’re saying about the first gen 991.
Was also offered a panamera GTS ex-demo, although unless there is a massive financial saving I think I’ll stay with my 911 choice.

Hopefully know more on Monday.
Taycan Turbo S

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Sincerely hope that they don’t drag it out past Christmas Eve, Smithy!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:18 pm ^^^ Sincerely hope that they don’t drag it out past Christmas Eve, Smithy!
☹️👎
No-one in head office now until way past xmas......
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Paul wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:19 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:18 pm ^^^ Sincerely hope that they don’t drag it out past Christmas Eve, Smithy!
☹️👎
No-one in head office now until way past xmas......
I’m off to New York on Boxing Day until the new year, then I have a hip operation on the 16th & advised I shouldn’t drive for a while after. OPC is aware of this so I’m told it shoukd all be sorted before then.

Thinking about my options if I’m offered derogatory money. I think I’ll give them the car back, ask for a decent loaner & tell them not to return until all the issues are resolved. I can’t see them fixing it any time soon, so perhaps becoming awkward may help?

All ifs, buts & maybes at present though.
Taycan Turbo S