Enough is enough. Cayenne to go back

The place to discuss everything else..
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

As a lot of you will already know, I have had many issues with my latest gen Cayenne Turbo. It is with a heavy heart that I finally concede it’s beaten me.

I love the shape of the car, love the interior (I know this has polarised a lot of opinions) & love the performance & handling.

But, things can’t carry on as they are. The constant software (& hardware) issues have become untenable.

I’ve spoken to my SA and he has offered support in taking the car back. I was expecting to go for a 992, but there are potential deals on the table for some 991.2 GTS’s, Targa’s & maybe a Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid.

An eclectic mix, but I’d be happy with either, providing Porsche GB & my OPC dealer principle can offer me the support to transition that my SA promises me then this may become a reality. Failing that I will see how I can get myself into the 992 waiting list, but somehow still keep the dealer support.

Like I mentioned early, all of this depends on dealer & Porsche support & them not seeing this as an opportunity to rape & pillage me 😳

You are all a very good, knowledgeable bunch & you have helped me massively over the years. I welcome your support & constructive criticism.

What do you all think??
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

What's wrong with it??
Paul

Post by Paul »

I reckon you’ve been more than patient smithy37.
If they’re buying it back (for what you paid for it - which they should) and offering an immediate 991 GTS I’d jump at it (providing you have another “ people carrier” in the stable.
A Panemera won't give anywhere near such good residuals, or fun!😁😁
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Paul wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:39 pm I reckon you’ve been more than patient smithy37.
If they’re buying it back (for what you paid for it - which they should) and offering an immediate 991 GTS I’d jump at it (providing you have another “ people carrier” in the stable.
A Panemera won't give anywhere near such good residuals, or fun!😁😁
Wife has a nearly new Q7, so covered on the family front. She is unhappy about me moving into a 911 as she likes the idea of two family carriers. She can see how annoyed I am getting with the car though so it shouldn't take too much to make her see my side of the fence.
A panamera wouldn't be ideal (still on 4 seats, albeit full size seats) as not everyone will fit in.

Either way I need to see what I am offered both financially and as a swap and take it from there.
Taycan Turbo S

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Just goes to show that no manufacturer is immune from lemons. It's a bit ironic that I considered the Cayenne to be a "safe" bet when I was weighing up the considerable risk of buying a Tesla. Had the new Cayenne been closer to production a year ago I might well have swung that way at the time, but looks like teething troubles are totally ruining the experience for you. Your troubles must be pretty bad to put you off driving a new Cayenne Turbo as it looks like a serious bit of kit. But then again if your heart is really in a 911 and you don't really need the utility, then it would be a no-brainer swap for me.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Smithy, I agree with Paul that you've been very patient with them.

As you're clearly pining for a 911, I'd go for the 991.2 GTS offer, if it is sufficiently fair/attractive financially.

The 991.2 is a great car, as many of us can testify. And VanB, Rab and Nick will quite rightly praise the GTS as being possibly the 'sweet spot' of the range.

Plus, it will be some time before you could get your hands on a 992 GTS.

Have they given you any specs on the 991.2 GTSs or the Targa/s?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Thanks guys.

I have only really had my head turned for a 911 due to my on-going issues. I guess it was a combination of losing faith in the model I am in and the fact I had a 911 T to taste for about a week. Without this I think I would still be more than happy in my current car.

Worryingly I have had no details on what is on offer yet. My dealer Franchise is JCT600 so I have done a search on their used stock and found a couple of GTS's and a GTS Targa for sale. I guess they will only offer from their "stock".

My SA has told me he is talking to the dealer principle and Porsche GB to see what they can do to limit any financial pain. I just hope they do right by me and I don't have to come out fighting, but I suspect the latter rather than the former.

There is also a lot of other things to take into consideration too. Wheel and tyre insurance was purchased with my dealer. I bought my own GAP policy. All of these, I suspect, are none-transferable. The spec won't be 100% to my taste.

Either way, I'll keep you informed.
Taycan Turbo S

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Good luck with it all ......
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I am not very patient with car problems.

If the car is not reliable and trouble free I would do the same. There are plenty of good reliable cars out there...
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

smithy37 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:14 pm Thanks guys.

I have only really had my head turned for a 911 due to my on-going issues. I guess it was a combination of losing faith in the model I am in and the fact I had a 911 T to taste for about a week. Without this I think I would still be more than happy in my current car.

Worryingly I have had no details on what is on offer yet. My dealer Franchise is JCT600 so I have done a search on their used stock and found a couple of GTS's and a GTS Targa for sale. I guess they will only offer from their "stock".

My SA has told me he is talking to the dealer principle and Porsche GB to see what they can do to limit any financial pain. I just hope they do right by me and I don't have to come out fighting, but I suspect the latter rather than the former.

There is also a lot of other things to take into consideration too. Wheel and tyre insurance was purchased with my dealer. I bought my own GAP policy. All of these, I suspect, are none-transferable. The spec won't be 100% to my taste.

Either way, I'll keep you informed.
First things first, I really wish you luck here. I've been there with Porsche and swapping my SD to an S. BUT...that was with Porsche, through an OPC and Porsche GB direct. You appear to be direct with JCT600 who I fear may be one step removed? You're relying on them, not Porsche. Any swap (?) is their goodwill not Porsche's and you're ultimately relying on them to take up the mantle with Porsche, if there is one. Is that a fair view?

Best of luck anyway. As a last resort, I'd be also trying to flog it second hand as well if you want out that bad.