911 Turbo S

The place to discuss everything else..
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

If it is those square speed bumps in the middle of the road can they go underneath the middle of the car?!

Ps what a car!

weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

PPS not sure jet black metallic is that unique a colour?
VanB

Post by VanB »

weemsy6147 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:13 pm If it is those square speed bumps in the middle of the road can they go underneath the middle of the car?!

Ps what a car!
Yes 95% go under the car fine. I’ve encountered the odd one that seems a little higher and can scrape the underneath of the front but you soon learn to spot them.

And yes the car is awesome
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

450bhp now feels so much quicker!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

...and only 3 days since you started this thread! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
adrian991

Post by adrian991 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:12 pm Couple of things to query there Adrian:

My 991.2 C2 GTS has the moulded black plastic front splitter, unpainted. Same with side skirts.

When I ordered mine the standard GTS suspension was lowered 20mm compared with other Carreras. There was an option to have 10mm lowered suspension rather than standard 20mm. I took that option in anticipation of grounding issues based on where I live and on experience with demonstrator cars.
My GTS does not have painted side skirts so the splitter is painted black like the lower part of the door mirrors.
Nick, at first sight the splitter appears to be moulded black plastic but I can assure you it’s actually painted in Satin Black or body colour if that option was ticked and a replacement comes painted in a dark grey primer. When I damaged mine I went through all this with the OPC, for the 991.2 there are three different splitters. For a GTS it comes in Primer and is totally different to the splitter on the non GTS models. For a Carrera or Carrera S it is a black moulded plastic part and for a Carrera or Carrera S with the Sport Design Front Apron it’s the same as the GTS. If the option for sport design apron was ordered for a Carrera or Carrera S it was always painted in body colour, only the GTS has the satin black finish..
I took the standard chassis option for the coupe i.e. lowered by -20mm compared to the standard Carrera I also have PDCC, RWS and PCCB.
adrian991

Post by adrian991 »

VanB wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:18 pm Maybe he went for painted options? I didn't go for the 10mm option but stuck with the -20mm and the unpainted trim on front splitter and sideskirts etc in anticipation of potential problems. In reality, I rarely have an issue in grounding unless there is an exceptionally large speed bump or unusually steep gradient to a ramp so very much doubt it should be an issue for the OP unless he lives up a steep hill with a rutted track in which case he's bought the wrong car ;)
Definitely got the right car, and after having had four 911s ( all 991s) I would always specify front axle lift with the 20mm Sport PASM option. By the way it doesn’t have to be a rutted track, if you ever drive the Old Military Road, roads on Skye or the NC 500 in Scotland or any of the more challenging roads in the Lake District without scraping the splitter then you will be very lucky as there are sections of those roads which are not great in terms of the surface quality.

By the way it is definitely painted and if you don’t believe it, just take a sharp knife and gently scrape a bit of the paint away underneath where you won’t notice it. It’s a very dark grey Primer colour.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

weemsy6147 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:17 pm PPS not sure jet black metallic is that unique a colour?
Just unique in our 991 club on here and certainly distinctive.
BTW, I have heard a good analogy of rear wheel steering the other day. It was described as being like 3D TV. Ok, but an answer to a question no one had ask, so fairly unnecessary
I dont have front axel lift on mine and am getting away with navigating a fairly steep decent onto the road outside my house. I have had a couple of scrapes on speed bumps but it seems to be the wind deflectlers just in forward of the front wheels that ground. These are definatly unpainted so can take a bit of a bump with miminal signs of damage.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
VanB

Post by VanB »

Have just checked my lower rubbing strip at the front and it is definitely unpainted. In fact when I ordered I was advised to leave it unpainted as it is designed to be sacrificial and cheap (at least in Porsche terms) to replace.

RWS supposedly makes a very nimble car more nimble so didn't really see the point as it is more than nimble enough in every day use. Could see it being useful for a track car though.

Whatever your options it's still a fantastic car :)
VanB

Post by VanB »

weemsy6147 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:32 pm 450bhp now feels so much quicker!
It's amazing what losing 500KG can do ;)