Frozen Doors & Frameless Windows solution

The place to discuss everything else..
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Thought I would share a very simple product (Gummi Pflege.) which solves the problem of frozen doors and windows. I had an issue last year with one of my cars (not the Macan) which I left on the drive.
I struggled to open the door the next morning and it’s felt like the handle was going to come off I had to pull that hard.
This stuff solved the issue. It’s also conditions the seals. (Use it around the Pano Roof seals would be great too)

It’s the easiest stuff to use, takes 2 minutes max and no mess. It’s great for cars especially that have frameless windows that have to drop for the doors to open. (911).

It’s a product that’s been around for ages but really does work. It’s cheap too 😀

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Kasfranks99 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
GTS 😀

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:53 pm Thought I would share a very simple product (Gummi Pflege) which solves the problem of frozen doors and windows. I had an issue last year with one of my cars (not the Macan) which I left on the drive.
I struggled to open the door the next morning and it’s felt like the handle was going to come off I had to pull that hard.
This stuff solved the issue. It’s also conditions the seals. (Use it around the Pano Roof seals would be great too)

It’s the easiest stuff to use, takes 2 minutes max and no mess. It’s great for cars especially that have frameless windows that have to drop for the doors to open. (911).

It’s a product that’s been around for ages but really does work. It’s cheap too 😀

Hope this helps.
+1. Been using for years . Particularly good for soft top seals and pano roof seals.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I will give it a try ....

Not sure the original link took you to the correct product. Presume this is the same stuff. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Car-Interior ... mmi-pflege
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

ScotMac your amazon link is the right stuff. 👍

I didn’t put a link on mine but this forum website makes certain words into links on its own. It’s how it makes money along with all the other advertising etc.
GTS 😀
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Ah, but is it Porsche approved? :roll:
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
VanB

Post by VanB »

And could it invalidate your warranty?
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

VanB wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:33 pm And could it invalidate your warranty?
Maybe if you don’t use it :lol:
GTS 😀
VanB

Post by VanB »

It was a VERY tongue in cheek comment!

Very grateful for the link and have some on order as it seems to be getting very frosty
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Someone recommended this last year and it got a bottle. It doesn't work on the windows. The problem is the have a sort of brush like finish which accumulates water which then freezes. The Gummi pflege doesn't seem to stop this.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Ian.g wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:34 pm Someone recommended this last year and it got a bottle. It doesn't work on the windows. The problem is the have a sort of brush like finish which accumulates water which then freezes. The Gummi pflege doesn't seem to stop this.
Try a drop of silicone spray on the felt seals.
Macan S D
718 S