New Taycan

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

@johnd: I came across this article the other day. Tesla Model 3 is already geared up for 500A charging, although that's still only at 350V, so around 175kW charge rate. It's all ramping up quite nicely. To put it in perspective, most people are still charging their EVs at sub 50 kW speeds and often way below that on the public network.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/01/14/te ... ttle-prep/

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

The number of these cars, which Porsche have taken orders for, varies dramatically, depending on which site is being viewed. Or possibly from what Mr Trump views as, Fake News.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

A friend and myself, had a complementary drive of the Taycan this afternoon. Curtesy of Porsche U.K. in conjunction with the Porsche Club GB. What a really fabulous car. We had the Turbo S, which was rapid off the mark, and super smooth. It was sure footed and extremely responsive. And very very comfortable. A real pleasure to drive. Unmistakabley Porsche.
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

I'd love to have a go in one to see what they are all about.

I've seen a couple of black ones on the road and thought they looked great but then I saw a silver one last week. I dont usually like silver cars but this looked outstanding. Made any tesla look like a disaster in car design, so lardy and very dated looking already!
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

AndyC160 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:48 pm I'd love to have a go in one to see what they are all about.

I've seen a couple of black ones on the road and thought they looked great but then I saw a silver one last week. I dont usually like silver cars but this looked outstanding. Made any tesla look like a disaster in car design, so lardy and very dated looking already!
I think the Taycan looks great, but it's nowhere near as practical or affordable as a Tesla. Somehow Porsche also managed to make the Taycan 250 lbs heavier than a Model S. But despite that the Taycan is certainly more of a pure "driver's" car while the Tesla is a much more practical family workhorse. I expect the Taycan will be more in direct competition with the Panamera than the Tesla Model S. Will probably make a few 911 buyers think twice too, especially once they get a taste of high end EV performance.
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Taycan is Porsches top selling model the in Europe now.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Macananon wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:56 am Taycan is Porsches top selling model the in Europe now.
Wow 😮
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

I’m going to look at one tomorrow more out of interest than a desire to change and have requested a test drive (this seems to be a bit like asking to hold the Crown Jewels in these times).

I have heard from a couple of OPCs that the Taycan is their fastest selling model with the longest waiting time so definitely a big hit.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Would be good to see some sales stats.
I read that Tycan enielated Panamera sales and took a good additional bite from the broader market.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
VanB

Post by VanB »

Cant get a test drive currently and long waiting list too. Apparently OPCs also have very limited used stock (slightly over 50% of normal) and consequently 2nd hand prices are pretty firm across the range so a good time to sell if you're thinking of changing.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate