Tesla one year later...

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

johnd wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:15 pm
Peteski wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:56 pm I would imagine the electric Jag would probably be more your thing....and it's proving to be considerably less efficient than the larger Model X.
That certainly seems to be the conclusion of previous tests but the latest TB seems to throw some uncertainty into the mix.

Rather a limited test it has to be said, but not much to choose between Model X and I-Pace. Both of them shade the new e-Tron though - not sure how well that bodes for the e-Macan. I suppose consumption is not something that bothers the average Porsche owner, though when translated into EV range maybe it will come into focus more?
You have to bear in mind that the Model X is a much bigger car than the iPace, so the iPace should really trounce it on efficiency. And yes, it's how that translates into range that is really important for the owner - not the cost of a bit more electricity. I haven't seen this TB test yet, but will take a look later.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Nothing throwaway Peterski, Tesla cut prices ones week and put them up the next, that inspires as much confidence in Tesla as Alilla the Hun saying, I am not going to invade Rome.

You may now be a dyed in the wool Teslerite, but Tesla a headache for Porsche certainly not, as you should be aware Porsche cars sell themselves they do not need gulwing doors (an Engineering folly of spectacular proportions) or other gimmicks, or spectacular acceleration to get the business. It is the complete package that we buy with our Porsches, and I for one can tell you that not one Tesla has yet overtaken me, all those I have seen are all trundling along the Motorway at a fair bit less than 70 mph.

Moving on, the interior of all the Teslas I have seen set the standard for being bland but if that is what you choose to like then that is up to you, me I would rather have mire traditional evolved style and comfort, comfort which btw I have not found in the Teslas that I have sat in, in fact the seats reminded me of the Rover SDs of the Seventies, an ergonomic disaster, so certainly not for me, give me my old fashioned 14 way Porsche seats or the similar offering in a Jag which I know are supremely comfortable as well.

As for 0-60 in 2.3s, I for one can tell you who really cares, I am pretty sure Porsche does not.

Its not about out and out acceleration its about the environment that you are in, its the complete package, well it is to me. I am pretty sure that you would be in the collosal minority of if we all here had the choice of a Taycan or a Tesla100P

So my Turbo is supposed to do 0-60 in a tad over 4.5s, well I would not know since in the 30 months that I have had it the number of times the throttle has been floored by myself can probably be counted on one hand, I do not need to a push is all that is needed to make the progress on the open road that I need.

To each their own.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:24 pm Is this the same Col that would never, ever buy a Jag again...?! ;)
If it is a case of a Tesla or a Jag, no contest Jag wins.

Even a Audi eTron is better than a Tesla and Audi are well known for being bland except for the sports car,

At least I can walk to the Jag garage in 10 minutes what will I have to do if I had a Tesla, book in online 6 months ahead, then a transporter arrives to pick the Tesla up, drop off another for a few days and transport mine goodness knows where for service. Yeah lets see them do that when they have more than a smattering of cars on the road and no infrastructure.

Seriously, no contest why would I change my Turbo for a Scalextric car?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 1874

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 pm Nothing throwaway Peterski, Tesla cut prices ones week and put them up the next, that inspires as much confidence in Tesla as Alilla the Hun saying, I am not going to invade Rome.

You may now be a dyed in the wool Teslerite, but Tesla a headache for Porsche certainly not, as you should be aware Porsche cars sell themselves they do not need gulwing doors (an Engineering folly of spectacular proportions) or other gimmicks, or spectacular acceleration to get the business. It is the complete package that we buy with our Porsches, and I for one can tell you that not one Tesla has yet overtaken me, all those I have seen are all trundling along the Motorway at a fair bit less than 70 mph.

Moving on, the interior of all the Teslas I have seen set the standard for being bland but if that is what you choose to like then that is up to you, me I would rather have mire traditional evolved style and comfort, comfort which btw I have not found in the Teslas that I have sat in, in fact the seats reminded me of the Rover SDs of the Seventies, an ergonomic disaster, so certainly not for me, give me my old fashioned 14 way Porsche seats or the similar offering in a Jag which I know are supremely comfortable as well.

As for 0-60 in 2.3s, I for one can tell you who really cares, I am pretty sure Porsche does not.

Its not about out and out acceleration its about the environment that you are in, its the complete package, well it is to me. I am pretty sure that you would be in the collosal minority of if we all here had the choice of a Taycan or a Tesla100P

So my Turbo is supposed to do 0-60 in a tad over 4.5s, well I would not know since in the 30 months that I have had it the number of times the throttle has been floored by myself can probably be counted on one hand, I do not need to a push is all that is needed to make the progress on the open road that I need.

To each their own.
This now sounds like the ramblings of someone on the pop. Complete drivel.
Deleted User 1874

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:50 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:24 pm Is this the same Col that would never, ever buy a Jag again...?! ;)
If it is a case of a Tesla or a Jag, no contest Jag wins.

Even a Audi eTron is better than a Tesla and Audi are well known for being bland except for the sports car,

At least I can walk to the Jag garage in 10 minutes what will I have to do if I had a Tesla, book in online 6 months ahead, then a transporter arrives to pick the Tesla up, drop off another for a few days and transport mine goodness knows where for service. Yeah lets see them do that when they have more than a smattering of cars on the road and no infrastructure.

Seriously, no contest why would I change my Turbo for a Scalextric car?
More complete drivel and you clearly don't understand how Tesla service centres work vs Tesla sales showrooms. I'm sorry, but it makes you look like an uninformed idiot. Tesla are closing some of the sales showrooms (just shops with a car on display) and increasing the number of service centres. My nearest service centre is 12 miles away in MK and they also have mobile service cars too for minor work.

I'm not suggesting a Tesla would suit YOU better than your beloved Porsche. But you should realise that you are talking complete nonsense about Tesla. Can I quote some of this stuff in the Tesla forum for a laugh, anon of course?
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Peteski wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:22 am
Col Lamb wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 pm Nothing throwaway Peterski, Tesla cut prices ones week and put them up the next, that inspires as much confidence in Tesla as Alilla the Hun saying, I am not going to invade Rome.

To each their own.
This now sounds like the ramblings of someone on the pop. Complete drivel.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
goron59

Post by goron59 »

^^ The writings do seem to be as reliable as a blood alcohol test, that's for sure :)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Not sure what the demographic is for a Tesla owner? Had a look inside one recently and it seemed like a computer nerd's idea of heaven on wheels. Not for me thanks, it totally lacks any sort of charisma. 😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Now, now Ladies!
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
johnd

Post by johnd »

And now the Model Y launch:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... cs-details

As Autocar says, few surprises - it's a jacked-up Model 3 (but none the worse for that) and completes the Tesla S3XY 4-model line-up, for now at least.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly