London Saturday Night

The place to discuss everything else..
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

I am travelling to London this weekend as myself and my good wife are booked in for a meal at The Ritz on saturday evening. Does anyone have any ideas what we could do post meal which doesn't include alcohol ?

Thanks in advance ...............

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Go for a cycle rickshaw tour. I've heard they are very good value.
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

I have no idea regarding evening entertainment but do wish you both a lovely weekend

Let me know when you are due in Coventry over the coming weeks as we need to meet for a drink
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Paul

Post by Paul »

Have you been up in the Shard? The Aqua bar (no need to drink booze) is great, not sure if the viewing platform at the top is open but the Aqua is pretty near the top.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

gtipirelli wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:41 am I have no idea regarding evening entertainment but do wish you both a lovely weekend

Let me know when you are due in Coventry over the coming weeks as we need to meet for a drink
There is a chance i could be in Coventry on Monday, but i am going to be there more often in the coming months so will definitely get in touch.
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Macananon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:24 am Go for a cycle rickshaw tour. I've heard they are very good value.
Under no circumstances use a rickshaw. They are neither good nor value and certainly not good value.
In terms of fun and different. Try to book the Coppa Club. if a little trendy
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Be interesting to hear your opinion on the food, usually a really tasty menu but we haven't quite made it yet.

Sorry to say we normally don't do much after dinner apart from a few brandies or a couple of rounds at Soho if we're at that end with daughter.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

j5kol wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:19 am I am travelling to London this weekend as myself and my good wife are booked in for a meal at The Ritz on saturday evening. Does anyone have any ideas what we could do post meal which doesn't include alcohol ?

That is a good question. I would have said to can the Ritz (I think it's too stuffy and overrated), book a show and have dinner beforehand. But, as to your question now, if it's a decent night, walk over to Southbank and take in the area around both the Royal Festival Hall (there is a tonne of stuff going on there), or the area around Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and the Tate Modern.
VanB

Post by VanB »

London eye is interesting if it’s a clear evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:12 am
j5kol wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:19 am I am travelling to London this weekend as myself and my good wife are booked in for a meal at The Ritz on saturday evening. Does anyone have any ideas what we could do post meal which doesn't include alcohol ?

That is a good question. I would have said to can the Ritz (I think it's too stuffy and overrated), book a show and have dinner beforehand. But, as to your question now, if it's a decent night, walk over to Southbank and take in the area around both the Royal Festival Hall (there is a tonne of stuff going on there), or the area around Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and the Tate Modern.
+1

An early dinner and a Show is the way to go if you have limited time in London.

Can highly recommend.

https://www.theplaythatgoeswrong.com/london
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags