Polestar 2 EV

The place to discuss everything else..
johnd

Post by johnd »

Peteski wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:17 am I've just realised how small this car actually is. For some reason I was thinking it was a fairly large SUV/crossover, but actually it's more like a compact XC40, Qashqai sized thing.
Believe it's built on the same CMA platform as XC40 so unsurprising if the dimensions are broadly similar.
Could be the answer for those looking for a smaller Crossover with serious power and a premium interior.
Yes maybe. Can't really get a sense of how much of a crossover it might be though. I guess most EVs with the battery pack in the chassis are going to have a somewhat higher seating position than a traditional ICE design but OTOH there's still going to be an XC40 EV AFAIK, which presumably will be much the same as Polestar 2 underneath but in a chunkier crossover/SUV format.

Edit: I see Motor Trends is quoting the dimensions as 181.4 x 72.8 x 58.2 in (4.61 x 1.85 x 1.48m) which is close to Macan in length, though a few inches less in width and height
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

johnd wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:29 am
Peteski wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:17 am I've just realised how small this car actually is. For some reason I was thinking it was a fairly large SUV/crossover, but actually it's more like a compact XC40, Qashqai sized thing.
Believe it's built on the same CMA platform as XC40 so unsurprising if the dimensions are broadly similar.
Could be the answer for those looking for a smaller Crossover with serious power and a premium interior.
Yes maybe. Can't really get a sense of how much of a crossover it might be though. I guess most EVs with the battery pack in the chassis are going to have a somewhat higher seating position than a traditional ICE design but OTOH there's still going to be an XC40 EV AFAIK, which presumably will be much the same as Polestar 2 underneath but in a chunkier crossover/SUV format.
It looks pretty high to me and I believe a good couple of inches taller than a Model 3. Certainly much more of a crossover than a traditional hatch/saloon. I would presume any XC40 EV would share this platform, with perhaps a more square rear end and lower rent interior. Should be a good option too for less money.
johnd

Post by johnd »

See there's actually a rudimentary configurator online at:

https://www.polestar.com/uk/polestar-2/ ... 0000__R14B

Width is quoted there at 1859 inc mirrors (see the summary section), which seems rather narrow for a modern premium car. Possibly a typo? Or is it deliberately narrow to reduce frontal area and hence increase range?

There's also a checkout that appears to work, at least to the extent of placing a £1K deposit.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Deleted User 1874

johnd wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:54 am There's also a checkout that appears to work, at least to the extent of placing a £1K deposit.
I wonder where they got that idea from? :idea:
Deleted User 1874

johnd wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:54 am
Width is quoted there at 1859 inc mirrors (see the summary section), which seems rather narrow for a modern premium car. Possibly a typo? Or is it deliberately narrow to reduce frontal area and hence increase range?
Yes, very narrow if true. Hard to say, but certainly could be. Kind of along the lines of the BMW i3, which is even narrower.