Are McLaren back?

The place to discuss everything else..
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

With both Saintz and Norris consistently at the top end of the charts in Barcelona are McLaren, albeit is only 'testing', back in business? And does Alonso's presence signify an acknoweldement of that fact?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Dandock wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:05 am With both Saintz and Norris consistently at the top end of the charts in Barcelona are McLaren, albeit is only 'testing', back in business? And does Alonso's presence signify an acknoweldement of that fact?
Wouldn't have thought so - that being said, there wasn't much further they could fall! There's so much sandbagging at this stage, not to mention other unknowns, that it's hard to tell what state any car is in. After Melbourne I think you'll see the lay of the land a little clearer.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

GMAN75 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:42 am
Dandock wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:05 am With both Saintz and Norris consistently at the top end of the charts in Barcelona are McLaren, albeit is only 'testing', back in business? And does Alonso's presence signify an acknoweldement of that fact?
Wouldn't have thought so - that being said, there wasn't much further they could fall! There's so much sandbagging at this stage, not to mention other unknowns, that it's hard to tell what state any car is in. After Melbourne I think you'll see the lay of the land a little clearer.
Yep. But at least they're lapping relatively untroubled so they appear to at least have bolted it together properly. Williams, sadly, are woefully off the mark, though!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I do wonder if the end is close for Williams? The man himself is very much living on borrowed time and the company itself is not exactly looking attractive for investors. McLaren at least looks vaguely like a 21st century company!
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Peteski wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:15 pm I do wonder if the end is close for Williams? The man himself is very much living on borrowed time and the company itself is not exactly looking attractive for investors. McLaren at least looks vaguely like a 21st century company!
I blame Rexona. Should have at least tried the Lynx effect.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Peteski wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:15 pm I do wonder if the end is close for Williams? The man himself is very much living on borrowed time and the company itself is not exactly looking attractive for investors. McLaren at least looks vaguely like a 21st century company!
I always had a soft spot for Williams but the documentry a couple of weeks back didnt paint either Frank or the company in a very good light. It was surprising to see how much they were flying by the seat of their pants when all looked great from the outside. Robbing Peter to pay Paul was the exclusive property of Eddie Jordan I had thought. It seems Eddie was not the only one with money problems, I wonder just how many of the teams are the same?
Last edited by Rab J on Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Rab J wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:52 pm
I always had a soft spot for Williams but the documentry a couple of weeks back didnt paint either Frank or the company in a very good light. It was surprising to see how much they were flying by the seat of their pants when all looked great from the outside. Robbing Peter to pay Paul was the exclusive property of Eddie Jordan I had thought. It seems Eddie was not the only one with money problems, I wonder just how many of the teams ate the same?
It’s no wonder that Bernie regarded the heritage team owners with so much distain. ‘Just a load of mechanics’ or words to that effect.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nice to see Ferrari out front...! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:13 pm Nice to see Ferrari out front...! ;)
Just! ;)
VanB

Post by VanB »

Maybe, maybe not. Testing is notorious for sandbagging and we will only know at Melbourne.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate