Taycan Cross Turismo

The place to discuss everything else..
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Looks like this one is a go for 2020! I kind of like it really! NOW...INSTALL THOSE CHARGE POINTS DAMN IT!!

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electr ... rrive-2020

Panthera

Post by Panthera »

GMAN75 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:47 am Looks like this one is a go for 2020! I kind of like it really! NOW...INSTALL THOSE CHARGE POINTS DAMN IT!!

Prefer it to the standard Taycan. I wonder how much of the futuristic interior will make it to the production model? All of it I hope. It will be well beyond my budget but maybe I can pick up a pre-owned one in 2023 :lol:
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I read yesterday that many councils, will not be installing charge points, at least in the near future, because of their funding crisis. I think this will be detrimental to the take up of EV's I'm sure.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Panthera wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:06 pm
GMAN75 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:47 am Looks like this one is a go for 2020! I kind of like it really! NOW...INSTALL THOSE CHARGE POINTS DAMN IT!!

Prefer it to the standard Taycan. I wonder how much of the futuristic interior will make it to the production model? All of it I hope. It will be well beyond my budget but maybe I can pick up a pre-owned one in 2023 :lol:
I doubt those seats will make it!
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

TheTraveller wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:09 pm I read yesterday that many councils, will not be installing charge points, at least in the near future, because of their funding crisis. I think this will be detrimental to the take up of EV's I'm sure.
Do councils install petrol stations? I would have thought it was up to the private sector to install more charge points. Isn’t Porsche supposed to be providing high speed chargers across all of its dealerships? So you can pop in for a free coffee and charge up while out and about in your Taycan. I thought that was the plan a year or two ago. But not sure how it’s going.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Peteski wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:24 pm
TheTraveller wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:09 pm I read yesterday that many councils, will not be installing charge points, at least in the near future, because of their funding crisis. I think this will be detrimental to the take up of EV's I'm sure.
Do councils install petrol stations? I would have thought it was up to the private sector to install more charge points. Isn’t Porsche supposed to be providing high speed chargers across all of its dealerships? So you can pop in for a free coffee and charge up while out and about in your Taycan. I thought that was the plan a year or two ago. But not sure how it’s going.
I think that councils will not be doing a lot of anything now, because of this Pandemic. But you don't need a separate petrol station for each car to charge up at night. At this present time, you can't splash and dash, as you can when filling up with petrol/diesel.
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

You need a few things to run an EV for everything without compromise:-

1. Home charging
2. At least 200 mile real world range
3. A reliable national network of high speed roadside chargers, min 100kW
pmg

Post by pmg »

Peteski wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:23 pm You need a few things to run an EV for everything without compromise:-

1. Home charging
2. At least 200 mile real world range
3. A reliable national network of high speed roadside chargers, min 100kW
I would add the national network needs to reach places away for our main national motorway /duel carriageway road network. Based on my usual annual travel I would need a fast charger in Mid Wales and North Norfolk. I have been watching the Tesla Network and the sometime promised fast chargers in Aberystwyth now shown as due 3rd quarter 2021. even for tesla it is only just happening. Realistically they need to be available no more than 30 to 50 miles from any mainland location
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Something has to be done for people who live in densely populated areas, where there is no offroad parking. Or people who live in high rise flats. I can see the little drug/alcohol fuelled urchins, coming home from the night out (when possible), and think it's a good game to play/prank with all the chargers and cables attached to the cars. I think a lot of planning needs to be done, in a realistic world.